5 mistakes commonly made calling predators

I'm sure that PH knows the rules for advertising here.
It is not unusual for a newbie to have a hotlink in his sigline. he was notified and as is the process and the links were removed.
If he wants to advertise here, I'm sure he can decide that for himself.

For those who have checked his site out and don't like his rates,well then don't book the hunt. I doubt some of you would like your job and wages discussed and critiqued on the internet.

Maybe we can get back to discussing the techniques and tools we use for predator hunting and quit with the personal stuff.

I know there are some things I do that some of you may think weird or B.S. or whatever. They work for me in my areas. Your Mileage may vary.

I don't know PH but I do know that PM welcomes fresh ideas and respectful debate.

Until PH signs on as a sponsor, he is here to discuss hunting. I don't see a reason to treat him with anything but the respect we would any other new member.

So for these prices I get to keep the AR-15 and night vision equipment I use to harvest my 50 foxes?

Hey, not to steal this guys thunder but I see a money making opportunity here for me.

He charges $1850 for a 2 day hunt in the daytime. That's $950 for a single day. At 40 animals per day called in that's $23.75 per animal. Now here in AZ in the day time I can't call up numbers like that (40) in the day but I can call in about 10-12 gray fox in a few areas. I will charge any takers $15.00 per animal called in- that's $180 and I'll do it from 6am to 12am (6 hours) so I can get back home and mow the lawn. Now I have called in 3 bobcats in the same area this last season so if one of those come in I'm gonna have to really sock it to you and charge you $25. We're now at $205 for 6 hours.

For an extra $10 I will get you a soda, a bag of Fritos and a sub sandwich (ham or turkey). Now we're up to $215. Don't worry about the gas. I'll pick that up. My truck is a Chevrolet Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel and has a DVD player with 3 screens so I will provide free entertainment as we drive to and from the hunt. We can a watch Les Johnson DVD to give you some pointers along the way. This experiences is free of charge. I will even film the hunt on my new high definition Canon video camera I just bought.

Now this is no hand calling experience. I will play real grey fox distress sounds from an electronic caller and will guarantee to bring grey foxes to within 10' of you if you can sit still. If you can shoot them or not is up to your ability to shoot.

There you have it- $215/6 hrs and tons of grey foxes up the yazoo.

(I typed this while Redfrog did his post above so when I hit send I saw his comments. If he wants this down feel free to scratch it). All in good fun.

Last edited:
I would like to schedule a guided gopher hunt please. Would I be charge by the gopher? Is there any type of a trophy fee if I bag a really big one? Can you explain the total experience of your guided gopher hunts? Special gear?

Quote:I doubt some of you would like your job and wages discussed and critiqued on the internet.

oh hells bells... go over to the Church subforum and look at how my job's wages, performance and everything else is discussed, critiqued, insulted, and spat upon. Nothing is done about it.

Isn't it a given that the light is what hides the truck and hunter in the high rack? Blinds the predator. So if I am up in your high rack using nv equipment, what hides me? I know I can't see eyes unless using ir, so what are the advantages?

Oh...and are you related to sm snyder?

Randy

Guys, No secret I also guide hunters, we all set our prices ,and either book hunts or don't book hunts.
What a person charges, whether a computer programmer, a painter or a hunting guide,or anything else makes no matter here.
Lets discuss hunting tactics,and keep it civil.
I'm saying this to everyone, and no one in particular.

Okay, I'm not going to harass him anymore about his asking price. He's made it clear that it's negotiable so that does leave a window of opportunity for some folks. Seems fair enough I guess. So I'm backing off and would genuinely like to hear something more hunting related than business related.

a couple of humorous comments happen on this site but you guys are going too far. this is ridiculous.

people want to crucify the guy for not being a sponsor and talking about his business. why would he want to pay to market his service to a bunch of a**holes? i'd like to see more sponsors on here but you guys jump all over them and drive guys like this away.

I just want to see his 50 predators in one night picture
smile.gif

About the night vision, I use it on all the rifles. I use the PVS-14's. I do not buy night vision scopes, to me they limit me in the rifles use. I can attach the night vision on the rifles in about 5 minutes, with perfect clarity. I use an attachment the sinipers use to transform there guns to night. I use 30 mm tube scopes Nikon, Pentax, or Leupold, they gather light better, and I want them 2x7 power. The lower power gives you more site picture. On the rifles, I have different lowers, but all have drop in Timney triggers, at three pounds. I have become very fond of Model 1 Sales, uppers, for they will all shoot 1min. at 100yds. If they do not, I send them back and the send a new one. The have so many different barrel lengths, and modification parts that I design on my rifle for specific hunting.

How come no one comments on competitors prices? I am not the only one is this range.

next up. PICTURES =)

Night vision crap vision....if you can' bag yer client a half dozen dogs, 25 p. dogs, 50 jacks, a rattle snake, an a fricken gray to boot, YOU BLOW DUDE!!!!!

Lets see them TX pics.....

008-4.jpg

2-28-09004.jpg

IMG__21.jpg

013.jpg

Sorry, I became amused by your fine in-sight to our sport(lacking many issues) an just thought I would offer a LIGHTED point of view.

Sorry I left out the P.Dogs, not really a net friendly photo.....you no that....

:)

Jon.....

Originally Posted By: HyperwrxSo for these prices I get to keep the AR-15 and night vision equipment I use to harvest my 50 foxes?

Hey, not to steal this guys thunder but I see a money making opportunity here for me.

He charges $1850 for a 2 day hunt in the daytime. That's $950 for a single day. At 40 animals per day called in that's $23.75 per animal. Now here in AZ in the day time I can't call up numbers like that (40) in the day but I can call in about 10-12 gray fox in a few areas. I will charge any takers $15.00 per animal called in- that's $180 and I'll do it from 6am to 12am (6 hours) so I can get back home and mow the lawn. Now I have called in 3 bobcats in the same area this last season so if one of those come in I'm gonna have to really sock it to you and charge you $25. We're now at $205 for 6 hours.

For an extra $10 I will get you a soda, a bag of Fritos and a sub sandwich (ham or turkey). Now we're up to $215. Don't worry about the gas. I'll pick that up. My truck is a Chevrolet Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel and has a DVD player with 3 screens so I will provide free entertainment as we drive to and from the hunt. We can a watch Les Johnson DVD to give you some pointers along the way. This experiences is free of charge. I will even film the hunt on my new high definition Canon video camera I just bought.

Now this is no hand calling experience. I will play real grey fox distress sounds from an electronic caller and will guarantee to bring grey foxes to within 10' of you if you can sit still. If you can shoot them or not is up to your ability to shoot.

There you have it- $215/6 hrs and tons of grey foxes up the yazoo.

(I typed this while Redfrog did his post above so when I hit send I saw his comments. If he wants this down feel free to scratch it). All in good fun.

Ill take it!

But since you know VanWagen and I work with him, I want a price break... your prices were kinda high for my blood anyways
wink.gif

You can put me in the crowd saying this has gone too far. While I'm not sure the arrogance in his initial postings were how I would approach potential customers on a site with lots of veteran callers who know how to do things, give the guy a break.

While I would do some things differently than PH, most likely due to using different equipment and hunting if different situations, if he hunts as much as he appears to, the numbers are quite possible for all those folks doubting them.

On good nights in the areas he's hunting, calling 40+ critters a night is quite possible.

Prices mean jack, pay them or don't. If he gets no business, he'll lower them or shut down. Quite simple really.

This guy has quite frankly showed lots of restraint if you ask me for the crap he's taken.

I am admittedly naive when it comes to night vision products, hence the reason this interests me. I thought the PVS-14 was a scope. You are saying it's used in conjunction with your other scopes? I really do want to see a photograph of how you have that set up.

Back