Dtech AR Delivery

You guys are waaaaaaaaaayyyy more patient than I could ever be. I could never wait over a year for a rifle once the funds were paid or sucured. Nice rifles though.

Quote:I could never wait over a year for a rifle

The secret is to have an upper to use while you're waiting, then sell it off.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: bowhunt32You guys are waaaaaaaaaayyyy more patient than I could ever be. I could never wait over a year for a rifle once the funds were paid or sucured. Nice rifles though.

I am with you 100%

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Quote:I could never wait over a year for a rifle

The secret is to have an upper to use while you're waiting, then sell it off.
wink.gif

I would be afraid another Dtech would come up for sale while waiting not be able to pounce on it.....eyeing the Oly upper right now because I don't want to wait.

Talked to Mike today. She's on her way! Be here Friday I hope!

blacksheep

P.S. I got the Schillen upgrage instead of the SUM.

Thanks Mike.

Last edited:
Well... I should be getting my 7mm-08 next week. Mike has had everything ready to go since around January except the JP Modular Handguard I had on order. I finally had enough waiting, so Mike is putting on a stock Armalite HG which I'll swap out for the JP at a later date.

Picture to follow...
laugh.gif

Blacksheep, 13 month wait and you don't even have a scope??? Wow, you sure know how to torture yourself!
I would have all my test loads ready, scope mounted in a QD mount and take the gun right out of the UPS box on the way to go shoot it if I waited that long.

Of course I have the patience of a 5 year old when I want something. I had to wait 2 weeks after I got my scope and rifle before I could shoot it because of a back ordered QD mount, that darn near killed me.
Now lets see some Pics!

I've busy with other projects during the wait. I was building my son's G2 in 6.8 SPC and getting it ready for deer season, working up loads ect. As for my new toy. JP trigger installed in my new lower, new grip, tactical latch installed, Magpul trigger guard and several loads worked up. I've been busy. I was at Cabelas looking at a couple Nikon Monarchs 4x16x50 and 5x20x44. I have a Buris PEPR mount to try as soon as I decide on which scope to get. Still may go with a Larue, but I'll try the PEPR first.

blacksheep

Got my 7mm-08 today. Was refreshing the UPS tracking page every 30 minutes at work today, and I jetted out early once I had confirmed delivery.
laugh.gif

Was shooting 120gr v-max's over varying charges of H4895.

Would have preferred to shoot at 100 yards, but 150 is more convenient in the backyard range.

Didn't realize until the 43 and 43.5gr loads that my scope was only on 10x instead of 14x. That improved things significantly. Right at MOA excluding the pulled shots which is realistically about all I'm good for on a consistent basis. I also need to get the trigger in my lower worked on. The NM trigger is crisp, but it's heavier than I'm used to which wasn't helping my cause at all.

Not the best pics, but I'm short on time.

CIMG0905.JPG

CIMG0906.JPG

CIMG0907.JPG

Two other things:

Green fiberglass handguard is a loaner from Mike (thanks, Mike). And will be swapped out with a JP V-tac modular hg whenever that shows up.

The red junk around the rings is RTV. I've heard that cuts down on ring marks. We shall see. I'll peel the excess off when it sets up a little better.

Did you take the standard twist rate or something faster?

Originally Posted By: RetooferabJust got a shipping notice from Mike my 204 will be here Friday. Pictures then.

Back