Anyone use the longer Harris bipods for hunting

love em. but they take some practice to get used to them on different terrain. you can manipulate the legs by putting pressure either forward or by pulling backward to get the gun into position.

I really like the Harris BR and Prone bipods for varmints but I don't care for the sitting bipod for predator calling. I usually set up on a slope so' as you mentioned , if they are just tall enough for ideal situations on flat ground, they may be too short on uneven ground. The other thing I don't care for is that they are a little noisy for me also. The springs can "sproing" and the legs can be noisy to deploy also if your're not careful or if you run into some brush as you move them for a different approach.

I've been using the Rapid Pivot Bipod also. The sitting/kneeling model extends to 43". They tilt and pan and the legs independantly adjust. I am going to experiment with some sticks this coming "season". I had a couple of situations where coyotes have come in close below me and I couldn't kick my RPB legs out quick enough for the low shot. That was the first time it's happened in several years of hunting but, man, I hate to miss an opportunity at a coyote!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Back