The most sucessful time of year for coyotes

ARDave

Alright, you can ask 4 people and get 4 different answers, but what is your personal favorite time of year to call coyotes. When do you have the most sucess?

-Dave

Last edited:
I seem to have the best luck from about the first of October until Christmas. After that I still pick up a few, but nothing like October and November.

after the sun has had a chance to make a nice crust on top of a big fresh snow, The coyotes can't move very well when the powder is fresh but that first morning when they can get on top they are hungry.

End of september til Feburary. This year I wanna try to hunt over ther summer months. The nice thing about AZ is that you can be in the 115 degree weather one morning and be in the 65 degree weather in the evening, so I think im gonna try to hunt up north by flagstaff this summer.

Any time they're liable to be hungry. Late fall and winter brings a decrease in their foods of choice so they're going to be cruising for a meal more often. During the calving season on ranch land they'll be on the prowl. Same goes for that wonderful time of year that deer and other prey species are giving birth.

my success starts in late december to late february. I take my bazooka with me all year long. I missed a lot last season to "coyote fever." I really need to work on not rushing the shot. Latest one I killed was early may.

Back