Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1587113 - 04/22/10 05:05 PM Re: Howa or Savage? [Re: DCM]
Coyotejunki Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: MO
Originally Posted By: DCM
The sale of the Howa this week made Savage my only choice.

I intend to buy a Savage or two in the near future.

Thanks for all the advice.

I'm confused, is this the only gunshop that you are allowed to buy a rifle from? Buy the Howa/Vanguard from another dealer. There are only thousands of FFL's out there eager to sell firearms.

I'd pick a Vanguard/Howa any day of the week over a Savage. Sounds to me as thought your mind was already made up.

Good luck with whatever you get.

#1587199 - 04/22/10 08:29 PM Re: Howa or Savage? [Re: ole_270]
chefpierre Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Da UP of michigan
Originally Posted By: ole_270
Not many aftermarket stocks available for the newer center feed Savages that I know of. That is the biggest weakness to the Savage line to me. Would love to change stocks on my 7-08 without paying the coin for a Stockade or McMillan

Bell and Carlson, HS Precision, PDC Custom, Sharp Shooter Supply, Richards Microfit, Boyd's (I think), Hogue. Those are some people that manufacture stocks for the savage off of the top of my head. You can find quite a bit a stockysstocks.com. If you weren't sure I hope this helps.

No matter what is going on in my life, when the sights are aligned and the hammer is about to fall, nothing in the world matters at that second. Its my nirvana. - SGT Robert Evans

#1587449 - 04/23/10 09:54 AM Re: Howa or Savage? [Re: chefpierre]
dogmessiah Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Tucson, AZ
The problem you run into though is the center feed actions are relatively new and don't drop right into the old savage staggered feed stocks. Some companies are producing stocks for them already, but the big one is boyd's because they are cheap, and they aren't producing the center feed stocks yet. The want you to take a dremel to a staggered feed savage stock to make the center feed fit

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

Predator Masters, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.