Old Troublesome Coyote, plus a few spring pics

rockinbbar

This old coyote had given me the slip a few times.

He was hanging around the headquarters and killing calves, barn cats, chickens....just being a real pain in the rear.

I called him up about 6 weeks ago while taking out some more problem coyotes at the ranch....but, he's old and smart, and didn't come into the stand. As I left the stand that time, and drove out of the brush into a long, open area I spotted him in a dead run at about 400 yards.
cursing.gif

I got a great look at him as he was looking back over his shoulder at me as I missed him 3 times that day at over 400 yards while he was running.

His luck ran out this time though!....
thumbup.gif

oldyote-1.jpg

He came in as I was calling next to a thick draw behind the barn a couple hundred yards.
I was playing him a different tune this time....grey fox distress & screaming grey fox.
wink.gif

He came in fast and headed towards the caller, at about 15 yards from me he crossed my scent trail where I placed the caller at 35 yards and took off at a dead run....But, I was ready & hammered him down with a 55 gr V-Max before he could leave the stand.
thumbup1.gif

As you can see, he's old. His tooth wear indicates he's 7-8 years old.
Probably why he was hanging around feasting on the easy fare around the barn.
cursing.gif

oldyote1.jpg

I'm glad he's gone.

Few pics from recent outings to central Texas & the ranch in NM.

Buster in the bluebonnets in Texas.

busterblue.jpg

a few ruins in my old stomping grounds.

pontotoc13.jpg

pontotoc14.jpg

pontotoc15.jpg

Back in NM....
Checking the cattle and enjoying the calves.

nm.jpg

nm3.jpg

Not doing much hunting right now unless it's a problem coyote like the one above. It's slow calling, & getting hotter.

Hope you all had a great weekend as well.
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for looking!

Barry

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool country ya got there Barry, thanks for sharing the pictures of the country and the old coyote that gave ya the slip, glad to see ya got him
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: borkonBuster looks gay in the flower picture Barry. he looks way better in sage
tt2.gif
Haha, thats funny though he doesnt seem to be enjoying himself!

Congrats Barry. Definately an old coyote. Plus, the cows are looking mud fat and the grass is nice and green. Life is good!

Tony

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9I don't think too many coyotes put the slip on Barry, he's a darn fine hunter. Beauitful pics and make another notch in that AR.

That AR should look familiar to you, Scott!
cool.gif
You built it!

I love the way it shoots! Kudos to you....BTW, I REALLY like that AR you built Kerry Carver! That's just too cool...
thumbup.gif

Barry

Originally Posted By: rockinbbar

BTW, I REALLY like that AR you built Kerry Carver! That's just too cool...
thumbup.gif

Barry

Me too Barry, I'm lovin that gun!! Scott does fantastic work!!

Barry, thanks for sharing the great pictures and story. Old Buster is one cool dog, a good partner for sure. Kudos to you.

Those older wiser one are a real trophy and give great satisfaction when you know you've out foxed em.
Well done.
Nice pics too.

Back