Keeping With the Economical Theme

kel

If you had a Savage Edge in 22-250 and had to scope it what would you choose to reach these requirements and keep it economical?

1. Maintains POI
2. At least 3x9
3. Maintaine POI when zooming
4. Did I mention maintain POI?

There should be plenty of economical choices to meet these. I don't care if it's not perfectly in focus out at 800 yards. I have a Bushnell that seems to do this although I've never zoomed in past 5 and shot so maybe the poi changes on it. Just trying to see what else I need to consider. I know you're supposed to buy the most scope you can afford....but it's an economical setup so I want to keep it that way.

Which scopes do I need to start researching?

I've got 2 3-9X40 Nikon Buchmasters that maintain POI perfectly while zooming. I found them for $170 each new, and I'm very happy with the performance at that price.
thumbup1.gif

Here's 3 I junked because they didn't:

Bushnell Sportview 3-9X38
Tasco Pronghorn 3-9x32
BSA Huntsman 3-9X40

Yeah, those 3 are all pretty "cheap" scopes, but if I had the money back from the 3 of them, plus the ammo I wasted testing them, I could have bought another Nikon (or similar) and been way ahead.
wink.gif

What's your price range?

I have a Bushnell Banner on a .22lr that I think is a fine scope for the money. Muellers are also supposed to be good for the price. I've never shot a 22-250, so I don't know if recoil is a problem or not.

I picked up a new Redfield and for the money they are a good American made optic. I have found some great deals on gently used optics as well, stuff that was not in the budget to buy brand new at the time.

Any weaver will be a good scope and a good bang for the buck!

burris makes some nice lower priced glass.

as said the 3200-4200 elites are also a sweet deal.

I had the opportunity to look at the Redfield revolution at the gun store. I like the looks of it. The price on the Intensity is pretty good at 49.99. The Redfield is $149.99 for a 3x9x40. Also looked at a Nikon Prostaff for $149.99. Right now I'm leaning toward the Redfield. Most on here will say that might be a cheap scope but keep in mind it's 3 times what I've ever paid for a scope before. I did find out that my Bushnell combo deal scope (no idea which one it is as it doesn't say) shoots 5 inches higher at 100 yards on 7 power than it does at 5 power. The rifle is supposed to be here Wednesday so I need to have my decision made.

Back