Need a load for 243 and 95gr Nosler BT's

Coyotejunki

I bought a Stainless, Rem 700, 243 here a while back and would like a load for these 95gr Ballistic tips.Anyone have much luck with them.

I thought that they would make a great deer and antelope bullet.

Thanks

Ive loaded 95 grain combines technology ballistic tips in my 243 using rl22 great success has taken many deer and 2 goats. just use the nosler reload book and work from there.

43.5-44.0g of IMR 4350 and a win large rifle primer made all the difference in one of my Rem 700 -243's. Accuracy got better as the bullet just touched the lands.

I suspect that R#19 and R#22 would give great results as well as IMR 4831.

Good luck

Just my .02 but I used those for my and my buddies .243 this year. I got great accuracy out of both rifles using that 95 gr. However, I had to 2 shot a mulie at only 100 yard with the first being a well placed shot. My friend had to 2 shot a mulie, and actually lost an 17-18.5" antelope that I am pretty sure would have been top 20 in the 12th edition of Boone and Crockett. The antelope shot was in the neck and knocked him down for around 10 minutes before we got close and it got up and ran off. My buddy slung a bunch more lead, but to no avail.

In the past 20ish years I have always used generic PMC soft point 80 and 100 grain factory and have never lost a mulie or antelope. Perhaps our luck was bad, but I took apart all of those reloads.

I'm gonna try zilla's partitions next time.......

I used 42.5grs. of H-4350 with 95gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips in Remington Brass with Winchester Large Rifle Primers in a Ruger KM77RFP MKII 22" .243 I used to have. Accuracy was excellent with most 3 shot groups in the 1/2" range at 100 yards. Muzzle Velocity averaged 3071 FPS.

I took 4 or 5 Whitetails with this combo, all one shot kills at ranges from 100 to 300 yards.

While I never did shoot a Whitetail with it I also tested the above load in a 15" T/C Encore Handgun. Accuracy was in the 3/4" range at a muzzle velocity of 2717 FPS from the 15" Handgun.

If I get another .243 you can bet I will be trying this load for a Deer Load.

Larry

Fireguy you had some bad luck, becuase I have shot a pile of critters with those 95 Nolser BT's and they flat out perform with zero problmes what so ever, on of the best all time 6mm bullets ever made IMO.

I use nosler brass, winchester LR primers and H-4831SC at 43.5 grains makes some tiny,tiny groups and very low SD over a crono.

95g Ballistic Tips won't shoot worth a darn in my H&R SB2 Ultra Barrel. I've got 1 1/2 boxes of bulletts left and I won't buy any more, not for this .243 anyway.

Originally Posted By: ADCcoyoteFireguy you had some bad luck, becuase I have shot a pile of critters with those 95 Nolser BT's and they flat out perform with zero problmes what so ever, on of the best all time 6mm bullets ever made IMO.

Yeah, could be. I know that I have shot around 15 mulies with my .243 always using basic lead soft points with deadly results. I laughed at people saying that the .243 is on the light side for mule deer.

Bad luck with 3 in a row with the only change being the BT was enough to convince me however.

Back