? 20 vartarg AR???

ilmo

Any body had a 20 vartarg made in an AR
For use in PD fields?

Have heard lot of friends talk about their Vartarg bolt guns
super accurate... do not heat up barrels as fast

Sounds like a good combo for an AR that can shoot rounds semi auto....

Will a vartarg work in an AR platform?
R

Originally Posted By: ilmodo not heat up barrels as fast

What are you coming to when you say won't heat the barrel up as fast? .223 will heat up less than a 20 vartarg, but compared to a 204, slightly less.

Don't know if it is possible or not (vartarg), but the brass will get beat up a little more compared to a bolt gun.

I have had friends say their Vartarg's do not heat up as fast because they burn less powder but still get 3600-3700 fps out of 32 gr.... :)
smile.gif

the Vartarg is a wildcat from the .221 Fireball, the most well-behaved round I've ever owned. There's one gunsmith making 221 FB ARs. I'm sure he can make a 20 VT.

Originally Posted By: ilmoAny body had a 20 vartarg made in an AR
For use in PD fields?

Have heard lot of friends talk about their Vartarg bolt guns
super accurate... do not heat up barrels as fast

Sounds like a good combo for an AR that can shoot rounds semi auto....

Will a vartarg work in an AR platform?
R

No reason it shouldn't work, the 17 Fireball works well enough..

Downside being the AR will be harder on brass, less case life with full length forming each time as well. If you make your brass from 223, there's a lot of time invested in each case and to see it only last five loadings or so, does not make me happy.

Seems the heat part with less powder would be nullified with the rapid repeat shots coming with the AR style of shooting.
Personally, I'd suggest a bolt in the 221 cased calibers.
Use the AR for what it was intended, follow up shots for quicker kills, not taking on the entire colony with one magizine.(LOL)
That was my funny attemt for today HAHA!!!

Back