remington R15 range report

19grizz69

back from the range and here are the results. this is for you natsayers this is one very accurate ar
R15target002.jpg
was going to shoot a five shot group but stopped at three

Originally Posted By: 19grizz69back from the range and here are the results. this is for you natsayers this is one very accurate ar
R15target002.jpg
was going to shoot a five shot group but stopped at three

chicken......you mean you stopped shooting b4 you got a flyer?? lol-jk

Now is that .223 loads??? If so how much do you charge to do hand loads if I give you my empty brass?? WOW thats amazing...

Heres a pic of a 3 shot group at 100 yards with Remington UMC 45gr JHP on shooting sticks....
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzEuanBn.jpg

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaNow is that .223 loads??? If so how much do you charge to do hand loads if I give you my empty brass?? WOW thats amazing...

Heres a pic of a 3 shot group at 100 yards with Remington UMC 45gr JHP on shooting sticks....

Try some different factory ammo. That R15 will shoot better than that. Just about everything I have tried in mine shoots real good. It really likes 40 and 50 gr vmaxs.

Congrats on the nice group.

FWIW I really think 4-5 shot groups at 100 yards, then averaged give a more realistic idea of what a load, rifle and shooter can do.

I have a Rem 700 that will occasionally put 3 into .3" at 100 yards but when I use the above method I get just under an 1", still good, but more realistic.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, that is an EXCELLENT 3 SHOT, group especially for 200 yards.

Originally Posted By: skullcreekOriginally Posted By: jim87formulaNow is that .223 loads??? If so how much do you charge to do hand loads if I give you my empty brass?? WOW thats amazing...

Try some different factory ammo. That R15 will shoot better than that. Just about everything I have tried in mine shoots real good. It really likes 40 and 50 gr vmaxs.

mine likes 55gr softpionts {black hills}
55gr nozzeler balistic tip,{ultra max}
both shoot 1in at 100yds
havent tried any handloads yet,that i have loaded

I have a number of Rem's R-15s and I have to agree, they have all been extremely accurate. I prefer smaller gr bullets, 30-55 range.

Yeah mostly why I shoot those UMC's for is for the brass, havent yet to start hand loading yet, but would like to here shortly... When I talked to Bryon South at the Expo he said use 62gr jhp, he said he has had the best luck with those... But might get it on the bench to dail it in a little better, because I know it can do better, plus I want to reach out further too with it....

Grizz Great ShootN

Jim87formula

Try Blackhills ammo and several other quaility ammo (top shelf) My AR and Tikka hate that UMC crap. Bulk ammo is just that spray and pray.

Both my guns shoot 1 inch or better MOA

Did you shoot at something else to warm it up before the 3 200yrd shots?.....i do alot of shooting at different ranges,,and i always see a different point of impact,,with a cold bore.

So i will say this,,if those shots were fired even at a slow rate,,,you may have the best r15 rem. has built........X

Nice group.

I've got a few R-15 and they all are great shooters. I've also been around many more and everyone of them have been great shooters. I see alot of guys getting custom ARs built but it would be hard to get any gun built that has the R-15s features for the money you can get an R-15 for. On top of that custom built ARs won't do much if any better on paper.....if they do it will be at the expense of a HEAVY barrel. For a coyote hunting rifle, IMO, there is not another rifle on the market that can compete with the R-15s (Price/features/accuracy)

Byron

Back