Pics of relief!

skeet987

3 Seasons and finally our first yote is down
grin.gif
. I have to run but figured i'd put up the pics real quick so I think john007 (my bro) will start the story.
IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Last edited:
That was a 200 yard shot. We had a yote decoy behind us. She started to come in and must not have liked the looks of our decoy or the howls I was doing . That was a spot we had looked at before and thought it was probably a waste of time. Apparently we were wrong. That was the 12th coyote I have called in this year, We got busted 2 times this year, I believe we let 4 walk since we wanted to make sure we had clean kills and the rest were out of range exceptfor the one I missed. But I think we made the right choices. It sure wasn`t easy as calling greys that`s for sure. Alot of you guys have good advice. I have just as much calling as my my bro did shooting.

Good job guys we are turkey hunting now but we keep the
rifle handy.I am keeping up with the coyotes with my game cameras.We will be back at them at the end of august and the
first of september.Good luck in WV.

BRIANPREDHUNTER DEWITT VA.

Ok so i'm going to drag this post out a little bit. After all it is our first kill
w00t.gif
. So we met up @ 6:15 in the morning, just barely starting to crack daylight as we started walking to our spot. Now the area we was hunting is divided by a public road and it runs north/south so we have a lot to the east and a lot to the west. Knowing that the sun was going to be coming up bright and strong from the east John figured we would hit the land to the east before the sun came up and then run over to the land facing west so we would have the sun at our back. So on our first stand we get to our spot and found a dead calf so we put the yote decoy over looking it with the spitfire under the decoy. We backed up against the tree's and start calling. It looked promising but had no taker's. We got our stuff together and started to back track out and go over to the lot on the west side of the road. As we was walking back out I spoted what looked like another dead cow on the other end of the ridge. We never really thought about calling over there and so we debated on it and after a few minutes decided what the heck why not give it a shot. We walk down to a high point of the ridge well before the dead cow and decided thats where we would set up. We stuck the decoy in and the spitfire below it and walked about 15 yds, John went over the left side of the ridge and I to the right. We was settled in and John hit the spitfire for just a few seconds then turned it off. I was thinkin is it broke or something then after a little pause John started in with his mouth calls(sounding good to!)
thumbup.gif
I was being a little optimistic with my gun on the shooting sticks and the butt resting against my chest instead of my shoulder. John had just stoped calling and i was scanning the field looking over at the far left corner when something caught my eye from the far right corner. Did'nt see anything so i figured it was a dang bird flying around. just as I started to scan again I see it. I'm thinking oh crap oh crap oh crap! I raise my gun to my shoulder and start peering thru the scope but can't find it. Look back up and it's coming a little closer so i look thru the scope again and find it standing there just looking around. The wind was blowing a little from left to right kinda almost towards her so I was worried she might wind us and bolt so i was ready for the shot just waiting for her to turn broadside. A good 20 secs of standing there (felt like 20 mins) and John hit the howler, she looked over his way cocked her head to the side then started to walk to the wood line. There is no way she seen John, I think she seen the decoy and decided she did'nt want any. Now as she turned and started for the woods I did 2 thing's. The first was say OH S**T then I pulled the trigger. Now from all the video's of coyote hunting I've seen I was prepared to see this yote jump and yelp and bite at herself but all she did was pick up the pace a bit and I finally blinked so I did'nt see exactly where she went in the woods and i'm think man I missed. By now John is doing the pup distress. So I stand up and creep out to see if I could see my yote or any other one. John starts jumping up and down to see me over the ridge top yellin "did you get it did you get it?" lmao that was funny. I was a little ticked because I thought I missed because it did'nt yelp and all that like I figured it would. We walked down to the area it was standing but from that far away I could'nt pinpoint exactly where it was, I just remembered it was between 2 little tree's. John head's straight for the wood's to look for blood on the leave's and I'm scratching my head. I have to pull up my gun to look back at the tree I was sitting under to figure out relative size I guess and after that i figure I know about where she was standing so i walk over the hill to the wood line and there I find blood sprayed all over sapling's and stuff and i start clapping and feeling pretty good. John bolt's over and we walk 15 yard's in the wood's and there she lay. What a feeling!!! She ran about 30 yds from where I shot her. She hit the scale at 34 lbs.

Oh what the heck I'm going to make it even longer. The first pic is a overview of where we hunted. The blue circle and line is where we parked and walked in. The red circle's is where we set up. It's a little better then a quarter mile between our first stand to our 2nd.
carm.jpg

This 2nd pic is a view from where I was sitting. The blue circle is the dead cow, the red circle is where the yote was standing and the red line indicate's where she was heading.
IMG_1322.jpg

Does it show that i'm pumped about our first kill? lol
Thank's for the congrat's fella's! And I really appreciate all the good advice from you all on here!!
It has been a productive season as far as calling them in but not so much for taking them out. I'm really glad we closed out the end of our 3rd season with fur down. I'm really looking forward to this fall. Thank's again guy's!

Back