Big Black Cats (Panthers)

Billy,
I haven't needed Google on this thread. You provided the link earlier that beat your own argument. LOL.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: trapper2r shaw, to answer your ?, none since they opened it up, 2 that i know of before and they were both out on the tx line

What color were they?

I bet if they were black they forgot to take pictures!

I'll chime in, Black cats do exist, They are in zoo's, and even in "Jungle book" Many of us seen that movie, are they runnin rampant across the US??? I don't think so.
I have hunted lions with dogs in 7 states, and have not seen a law yet that says "YOU CAN'T KILL A "BLACK LION".
If there were "black lions", a houndman would have killed one.I don't beleive they are any smarter than a "tan lion"
Just a numbers game. 50'000 (+/-) lions killed each year, none of them black?????????????
I would sure like to see one that's a "wild cat", not a turned out pet.
You can bet your a$$, if I tree one with my dogs, I WILL KILL IT,as said before they are not protected.

I know, they just don't get it do they? LOL...
smile.gif

On a serious note, don't fret, I ain't hatin' or anything. I'm just cussing' and discussing for the heck of it - like everyone else is doing. After all, it is just the Internet...

Someone_Is_Wrong_On_The_Internet.jpg

NO BLACK ONES YET!!!..... I'm pretty sure we're way ahead on this argument, but I bet the black cat believers won't give in.

I never said there were no lions in Arkansaw. There are, I've seen enough in pens in peoples back yards. They are one of the preferred pets of Meth-cookers. Some get loose, some are turned loose. Arkansaw Game and Fish Comm. says there is NO CAT larger than a bobcat in Arkansaw. We all know that is a crock!

Meth makers with guard lions in pens in back yards?

That would be quite the attention getter. Seems to me that would be about the last thing a meth brewer would want.

I seen a Black Panther here in Indiana but it was in a cage and you had to pay to see the kids loved it...It was over the 200 pound mark and was getting ready to have a ltter. I thought it was scary looking even in the cage and one big kitty...there was also Tigers but they were huge in comparison...that was the first Black Panther I ever seen. Yesterday there was a rumor about the DNR releasing 3 black cats loose in our county but not sure how much of that you can believe...we do have larg whitetail deer herds.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesMeth makers with guard lions in pens in back yards?

That would be quite the attention getter. Seems to me that would be about the last thing a meth brewer would want.

Never heard of them using a big cat for guards.
Lots of rural meth cookers go out in the woods and will bring in some big dogs
to keep folks out of the area. Then when they leave or blow themselves up
they leave the dogs for everyone to have to deal with.

And yes, I'm speaking from up close and personal experience.

Originally Posted By: howling Yesterday there was a rumor about the DNR releasing 3 black cats loose in our county but not sure how much of that you can believe...

I wouldn't believe any of it.

I believe in those black cats out in the woods. You bet. Sure of it.

I also have been abducted by space aliens and know for a fact that Elvis never really died...

My all time favorite song is the theme from The Twilight Zone. I can hear it in my mind as I type this post, along with all the voices of ghosts that I talk to on a regular basis.

I guess that I could believe that there is large black cats wondering the United States somewhere. With the population of the US being just over 300 million people mostly concentrated in urban areas and the US land mass being over 2 billion acres, there just isn't enough eyes and trail cams to say that they DON'T exist. There have been numerous sightings of large black cats with no photographic or physical evidence, so some say impossible. I think that its pretty safe to say that there is alot of things that many of us may never see in our lifetime and to discredit those who make claims to have seen one of these obviously rare creatures is pretty unfair.JMO

Originally Posted By: CalCoyoteI believe in those black cats out in the woods. You bet. Sure of it.

I also have been abducted by space aliens and know for a fact that Elvis never really died...

My all time favorite song is the theme from The Twilight Zone. I can hear it in my mind as I type this post, along with all the voices of ghosts that I talk to on a regular basis.
Now see, it was comments like that that drew me into this thread. Protraying anyone who is willing to accept the possibility ,of something they've never seen, as a complete wack job......is well.....let's say that I take it as a personal attack. To say that you don't agree, fine. But to take that far?
Let me guess, you don't believe in God either? after all there are no pictures.... just witnesses.

Originally Posted By: BoomyOriginally Posted By: CalCoyoteI believe in those black cats out in the woods. You bet. Sure of it.

Now see, it was comments like that that drew me into this thread. Protraying anyone who is willing to accept the possibility ,of something they've never seen, as a complete wack job......is well.....let's say that I take it as a personal attack. To say that you don't agree, fine. But to take that far?
Let me guess, you don't believe in God either? after all there are no pictures.... just witnesses.

Boomy,

Well, you called my bluff... I was just trying for a little comic relief to laugh a little.

My opinion really? I trust my brother-in-law completely. He lives down Florence Mississippi and spends a LOT of time in the woods. About 6-7 years back he says he saw one while in his tree stand deer hunting. Another family member saw it another time. I have known both of these guys for over 30 years and they are not given to hype or tall tales. They don't drink, smoke funny little cigarettes, or anything else. If they saw it. I have no reason to doubt. I know that is not proof, but it is enough for me.

Did not intend to make a personal attack. Just stir the pot a little...

btw: as for my belief in God... I am a licensed minister and pastor a church. When I am not preaching, or working, I am in the woods.

Last edited:
Back