Short Mag and Clyde

Devin69

Today my son and I went out to do some calling. We took along a couple of pups that we are going to train for denning. Short Mag (Shorty)4 1/2 months old and Clyde 1 year old.
We set up next to some sheep that I knew coyotes had been killing.
We had been calling for about 15 min and I noticed that next to the sheep the hearder had heard our distress sounds and had sparked his interrest and he was walking towards us. At this point I thought to myself that our cover had been blown by any coyotes in the area.
I kept my eye on him and was about ready to stand up when I noticed a dog coming out of the sheep about 25 yards away from the hearder, and was coming our way also just as I was ready to stand up I threw the Binos up and the dog that I thought was his sheep dog was a coyote.

t0oxt5.jpg

He was coming pretty good up this little ridge, at this point Short Mag (Jagd Terrier)and Clyde(Jagd/Patterdale Cross) saw him and took off towards it, This coyote stopped and looked at these 2 little dogs with a look of " Are you Serious". That gave Dallin and I just enough time to pull the trigger at the same time. No esape from that.

Last night my Daughter flew in From Kentucky, she is on spring break and I don't get to see her very much. i asked her what she would like to do today and she told me " I haven't killed a coyote yet this year Dad" lol Thats my girl.
Today we used Wasbi (on the left) and Bud ( on the right). And this is CheyAnne's first coyote of the year.

jglg5e.jpg

Great Job CheyAnne. She nailed this male at 114 yards with my 22-250. Ole Dad was the camera man and I didn't do a very good job. This one came in on me without me even noticing it.
He was right in the sheep too and had a belly full of them.

14v0ac5.jpg

Last edited:
Good going Devin, and the kidos. Nice to see that those dogs are kicking so much butt. I wish I could get my buddy Cody to get one of those dogs from you.

I haven't seen a coyote in awhile now. We've been pretty busy with my sons baseball team. I might take Tug out tomorrow and see what he does in the field. I have a few spots in mind. Mostly I want to see how he handles out in the field.

Originally Posted By: yfzduner450Hey devin, is wasbi and bud outta your last cross?? No they are out of my cross before. They are off a striker bred female.
Cory I will give you a call tomorow.
We got out for a few minutes before it got dark tonight. Clyde and Short Mag were out running around but this female ran in on us to quick. Dallin just had to shoot her.
Clyde and Short Mag got to chew on her.

jq41o9.jpg

Got some calling in today with my helpers. It was pretty tough today the wind was a blowing.
CheyAnne set up.

x0utzt.jpg

Short Mag is on the hunt for something

10xd0lf.jpg

The Wind really started to blow as you can tell, Clyde's ears are blowing staight up. He spotted this coyote coming in and started off after him and in a minute CheyAnne smokes another one.

34grkmq.jpg

She is having a pretty good Spring Break

zthm5k.jpg

Last edited:
Back