1.5-6x42

MA_bwhntr

Once again I am a day late... or in this case about a month. I procrastinated in buying an Bushnell Trophy 1.5x6x42 in order to see what would be coming out after the SHOT show. Unfortunately Bushnell decided to drop that particular model and I have hit just about every website I could find without success. This may ultimately be a blessing in that it forces me to spend the extra money on the Nikon Monarch Gold 1.5x6, but before I give up on my econo-scope I thought I would see if any of you folks knew where I might find one.
Thanks
MA_bwhntr

No but I'm in the same boat, absolutely love my Sightron II 1.5x6x42 and they went and quit making it.

AWS

Rowdy,
Thanks for your research. I just got off the phone with the company you suggested. Unfortunately they were out of stock too. I called around quite a bit in the last 2 days and keep running into the same thing. It seems that the websites that dont update their sites often still show that they are availble... until you try to order one. I think the only way I am going to find one is to have someone read this post that has seen one on the shelf at their corner shop.

Thanks again

Buy a really good 1x6x42 scope and be done with it, put on your favorite rifle and hunt hard. When that rifle falls out of favor put that really good scope on your new favorite rifle.

It seems this magnification range has never really caught on with the average hunter. Yet it should go hand in hand with the short mag crowd since 1.5 x6 magnification range is marketed as a dangerous game scope and we all know it now takes a short mag to kill anything, especially the tough to kill and highly dangerous whitetails and coyotes!!!

We better buy low power scopes before the Wally World hunters force the manufactures the to only offer 4x to 5x as the lowest magnification ranges.

My 1.5x6x42 Zeiss has been on 3 rifles, I think I should buy another one before its too late.
Bill

that low power is awesome for calling and walk aroudn hunting.

but really why not just get a 2-7 or bushnell 4200 2-10.

The FOV is plenty. Your only going to gain a tiny bit of FOV with 1.5 compared to 2

I'm in the same boat here. I saw that exact scope on Midway, figured I would wait awhile to see if it went on sale. It did, clearance, but was out when I found out. I bought the Trophy 1x4x24 illuminated dot scope and love it. Very clear, the illuminated dot is perfect for thick woods hunting. Sadly everyone seems to be out of the 1x4's now also.
However, I just called the posted link Optic Sale and he said they were expecting to get in four next monday. I will be checking back with them.
Also, this trophy scope seems to be a lot of bang for the buck, much brighter and clearer than the Bushy Banner I have on my .17HMR.

I have the 1.5x6x42 Sightron SII on my 30-06 and feel it is the finest deer rifle scope made. The last time I was at Whittaker Guns they still had a couple left. I wish I had the fundage to squirrel one back. I think they were around $230.00.

Something else to consider: Zeiss conquest 1.8x5.5x38

Zeiss apparently discontinued their Conquest 1.8x5.5x38, Nightgalaxy shows it for. $394.95 Free shipping

http://www.nightgalaxy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Zeiss-5214359920&click=2

The Nikon 1.5x6x42 actual maginfication per the specs on their website is 1.55x-5.8x

Monarch Gold 1.5-6x42

RETICLE CHOICES: Nikoplex, German #4 Specifications
Actual Magnification 1.55x-5.8x
Effective Objective Diameter 42mm
Exit Pupil (mm) 27.1-7.2
Eye Relief (in) 4.1-4.0
FOV @ 100 yds (ft) 64.7-17.3
Tube Diameter 30mm
Objective O.D. (mm/in) 50/1.97
Eyepiece O.D. (mm/in) 43/1.69
Length (in) 11.4
Weight (oz) 17.3
Adjustment Graduation 1/4 MOA
Max Internal Adjustment 120 MOA
Parallax Setting (yds) 100

Earl,

Thanks for the heads up on that Zeiss!! I am watching a couple auctions right now, but that one has definately got me thinking.
Has any one got any info on the Tasco Titan? I have read some pretty good things about it....not your box store variety Tasco.

Just called the company that Rowdy suggested...

Out-of-stock "still" -- but MAYBE end of next week they will know for sure if they will get the last few pieces available...

Stand by the phones!
Callers ready on the right!
Ready on the left!
Dial!

Just bought one IN STOCK for a few $$ more, but at least I finally got one... And it helps out the local gun shop too.

Old no7

Sorry Earl, I just realized this thread still had some life in it. I ended up watching ebay and got a new Bushnel trophy 1.5x6x42 with and illuminated reticle. I paid less than $75 for it so I really couldnt go wrong. I was mostly worried about the brightness of the illuminated dot. My experience with red dots is they tend to be too bright and cast a halo through the scope. That was not the case with the Bushnel. I mounted it on my AR to get a feel for it and to take it outside check the glare at night, which I am happy to report the bightness can be dialed down to the point where it is almost unnoticable in the dark. As far as the clarity of the optics go.... I am a shotgun guy and tend to think it terms of shotgun ranges so I am easily impressed with low end optics to begin with. I havent actually taken it to the range yet, but if I decide I dont like it I still have a nice scope for my 10/22.

I know you found your scope, but I was just browsing Midway's website looking to maybe buy a Millett 1x4 and happened to look through all of the Bushnell scopes again. Suprise, they have some more of the 1.5x6 Ill dot scopes back in stock, still on closeout. I didn't wait this time and ordered one. I am going to put it on my 20" AR and mount the 1x4 Bushnell on my 16" AR.
If this scope is as good as the 1x4 it will be a very good scope.
Here is the link
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=199213

Last edited:
Back