Help on a .221 fireball build

Originally Posted By: RePete
My CZ527 chambered in 221FB was the most accurate "out of the box" rifle I've owned to date..
I prefer wood stocks so I'm more than happy with mine,, but the synthetic stock from CZ sounds like a good way to go..
j12's setup sounds like about the perfect walking varminter..

Whatever you deceide on,, I'm sure the 221 won't dissapoint.

Luck

Ditto the accurate part. My CZ 527 in .221 Furball just makes me giggle like a school girl whenever I shoot it. My load of Lil' Gun with the 40 grain Nosler just shoots so well that I pretty much have quit even the notion of using any other load than this one. Got some ground squirrels out past 275 yards with it just last year. I got the day off tomorrow so I think I should toss it in the truck in the morning and dust me a few whistlepigs with it. Anybody want to come along?
grin.gif

Archer.. I bought the LVSF and then customized it some after I made sure it was a shooter. I shoot 40gr bullets and use AA1680 powder. It is a hoot to shoot. I coated it with CeraKote, put in a rifle basics trigger, got rid of the wart, and dropped it in a McMillan Classic. It is fun.

BestCopperhead.jpg

Wow right out of the gate 20gr AA1680 Molyed 40gr V-max, CCI BR4 primers clean barrel and 1st three shots down the tube, then shot a 5 shot group(BTW windy and 82 degrees)
0401101858.jpg

0401101858b.jpg

Back