How would your rate Norma vs Nosler Brass?

Shynloco

Guys, I'm thinking I might try out using Norma or Nosler brass in my 30-06. Never used the stuff before. I just had a go around reloading some PMC stuff that was simply the worst brass I've ever reloaded. So if you had your choice to either use Norma or Nosler, which would you choose and why? Thx!

NORMA can be somewhat OK in some cartridges but not all and nosler brass, well forget about that..spend the extra money and go LAPUA and you'll never look back...

Franklin,
Actually you raise an interesting propect in that I use Lapua in my serious Target rifle, but have been using a bit less expensive brass in my fun guns. I ran into this weird deal reloading that PMC CRAP and had things happen that I've never seen before like the neck puffing out when loading the bullet to SAMMI standards. I suspect the PMC brass has lost it's elasticity and need to be annealed (which I've never done and don't really care to try. PMC ain't the hassle anyways). Hence my original question because I'm gonna stop by Bruno's this weekend which is the only place I've seen where you can buy any number of casings you like and not by lots of 50, 100 or 500. Maybe as you suggest, just buy the Lapua and never look back.

Originally Posted By: Shynloco Guys, I'm thinking I might try out using Norma or Nosler brass in my 30-06. Never used the stuff before. I just had a go around reloading some PMC stuff that was simply the worst brass I've ever reloaded. So if you had your choice to either use Norma or Nosler, which would you choose and why? Thx!

Go with Lapua its cheaper than Norma and every bit as good. Its pretty much what all of the serious target shooters use.

Norma vs. Nosler?
Norma hands down.
Don't own any Lapua, however, if I was looking for brass today, I'd go Lapua. I wound up with some Norma because the dealer was out of Lapua when I made my last brass order.
Not the least bit unhappy with Norma. Not a lick of brass prep required for Norma brass, the 223 I bought. Necks are PERFECT, and the neck ID was right on for bullet seating with every case. It was a prime, dump power, seat bullet proposition with the Norma.
I bought two boxes of 50 each 223 Nosler cases, and was not impressed with it. That was about 2 years ago, before buying the Norma 223 stuff. In fact, I thnk regular new Rem and Win brass is better than Nosler's.

If anybody really cares, I went Lapua. Bruno's seems to have the best price around and you can buy any number you want instead of the usual 100 & 500 most places sell. And they do come from the same lot for those who care.

I would choose nosler before norma, norma before winchester/remington, and Lapua before anything else. I am lucky because my favorite bolt gun is .243win which Lapua makes and if I ever get the 6.5 bug "260rem" I will use Lapua neck up or Nosler which make 260rem. Anyways Lapua is awesome Nosler is next. IMO

Back