thanks for all the help...my loosing streak ended today

d2admin

Administrator
hey guys, thanks for all of your help. i finally got one this morning. a nice big male coyote. i was had only been calling for about a minute when i saw him running balls to the wall towards me from across the field. he dropped in his tracks at 8 yards and was still comeing full speed at me. by the time he stopped rolling he was only 4 yards away. it was sure fun and im deffinatly hooked. thanks again.
-kyle

CONGRATULATIONS Kyle, and you also have my symphathy as now you are hooked for sure, and life as you knew it is over. Now you will spend every waking hour thinking about Coyotes, Calls, Coyotes Rifles and the like, but man it sure is pure pleasure.

Lary

Exciting times, HUH, Kyle? Congratulations on your first trophy coyote!!! I hope you were using a shotgun and not trying to pick up that fast incoming coyote in a rifle scope!

GREAT JOB Kyle.....i told ya if you just stick to it you would get one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ....but dont let it goto your head.....might be awhile again before you can find another.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...keep up the good work!!!!....

SHOOT STRAIGHT!!!!

yes i was using a shotgun, but when i was skinning it tonight i found out that i had a messed up shell. it said 4 shot and it was actually 8 shot. strange!! it weighted 31 lbs is that average for around here? dont worry im not expecting to get one everytime out now...i have a feeling i got lucky and called to the right dog at the right time...but you never know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Excellent job Kyle.

The first one is always the hardest. After that they come easy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That critter had to be close if you killed him with eight shot! Has your heart slowed and your breathing returned to normal yet?

Randy

Kyle,

It has not been to long since I killed my first one. I started this venture in December, Killed my first after two long weeks of trying now it is jan. 27 and I have killed 8. Now that you have killed one you will role, you are doing something right. I saw your frustration on the boards so I know how happy you are. Every time you call one in it just makes things worse. We are now entering mating season start practicing on your coyote talk you will really get a rush when a seriously pissed off male comes in all freyed up at you. Oh ya you might want to make sure that you are shooting #4 buckshot.

Originally posted by Thunder34:
[qb]kyle I thoght you said most of your shots would be over 400yds not 4yds[/qb]
lol well when i posted that i was looking for a rifle for some big hay fields and i had said under 400, but now i see why everyone said that they will usually come in a lot closer than i thought. they werent kidding

Congrats. Great Job! I to am learning more every day. Just stay on this site and you will keep learning. Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em coming.

MG

Congrats Kyle..I have yet to get my first one either but I dont' have any calls or a vehicle and am subject to go when friends want to. I have yet to see one since I have gotten my new gun for coyotes. Wish me luck!

Congrats Kyle!! I'm still looking to get my first. I've only been out a couple of times looking strictly for Mr. Yote but I'm already hooked. Hopefully the next time out will be the one.

Back