Back from the KIng Ranch

nehntr

Well, the gun shoots good at loooooonnnngg distances but not very good at short distances. We called in 4 dogs on Monday. 1 at 15 yards but was too fast crossing sendero. 2nd dog was 75 yards and I missed, granted he was moving but I still missed. 3rd dog Chico drilled at 25 yards but we had no camera. 4th dog my friend Wyatt didn't want to shoot his 338 ultra mag thru grass, so dog got away. Tuesday morning Wyatt shot 200# hog and we/I trailed blood 3/4 mile but I believe hog was shot in leg, due to volume (lots) of blood but no froth or undigested corn matter. This took 2 1/2 hrs. Finally I said you can get anotherun. Low and behold he did, He shot this one in the back just in front of hip. You talk about one mad porker. Then after pics we went to calving pasture and it had bout 10 song dogs but they were not coming to call so I had to put the Moheekum Sneekum on some. They were in the middle of a what seemed like a 3 section field. I got within 763 paces and said what the heck they are leaving so I may as well try a long shot(bullets only .50 cents) so I held 400 yard cross hairs 4 foot over dog and boom pop, one Texas Heart Shot, The second shot missed but the third shot put dog down for good. This story has witnesses because Wyatt and Chico saw it. Plus they would not even come to pick me up, so that is why I had to take pic of dog without anyone in pic. All I had was my Verizon phone camera.
coyotekr.jpg

wyattchico.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nehntrWell, the gun shoots good at loooooonnnngg distances but not very good at short distances.

Yeah, that's a head scratcher for sure. It must be one of those new guns that starts the bullet out slow and wobbly, then it picks up speed and straightens out when it gets a looooooonnnnnngg ways out there. I've read about those. Might be the rifling twist of the barrel. Be the only explanation I can think of.
tongue_smilie.gif

Back