Sako

eclubine

Does anyone else think that Sako is over priced? If not, what makes them so great, they're still factory rifles. I'm sure you get the same if not more accuracy from a Savage.

I actually think you would be hard pressed to find a better rifle for the money. You pay for more than accuracy when it comes to a rifle. The Sako actions are the smoothest out there. 5 shot MOA guarantee. You cant put a price on craftsmanship.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eclubine
I'm sure you get the same if not more accuracy from a Savage.

And what do you base that statement on? How many have you compared? What accuracy guarantee does Savage make.

IMO, the upper end models, are overpriced. I own a few older ones. They are accurate, finely built rifles. There is very little comparison between them and a Savage, other than they both shoot bullets.

I'm not trying to knock Savage rifles. I have a few of them too. But they are like night and day.

Just to expand a bit further, I believe all these new rifles are overpriced.

If you look at the tolerances and quality put in a Savage, Rem, Win, Sako, etc. and then compare them to an automatic transmissions parts and tolerances, you might think the tranny would cost many times more than it does.

Why would you put power steering, air conditioning, and cruise control on a truck?? It will still only drive down the road at 70 mph. The same as a truck that does not have those options.

I have owned a few Sako's, and they are great rifles. Something you can be proud to own. I do know a few people who have traded a Savage to buy a new Sako. But I do not think I have ever seen anyone trade a Sako in on a Savage?? I am sure it has happened somewhere. But I certainly do not know where. Tom.

Because a savage is not in the same quality bracket as a Sako. If your only criteria is accuracy, then yes buy a Savage.

Eclubine,

Are you trolling for arguments?

Quality wise, Sakos are excellent, accurate rifles. You can get the A7 series for about $700. Go price a Savage CL14 and compare.

In todays market, most rifles are over-priced. Used rifles are over-priced. Gasoline is over-priced. A frickin cheese burger at Micky D's is over-priced. Whatcha gonna do? Seems the only thing under-priced is my wages.

If you appreciate quality, then a Sako meets that requirement. As far as prices go, consider material costs, labor costs and liability costs that go into pricing any gun, then don't forget to add 11% FET before you hit the bottom line.

I am a true fan of the older small action Sako rifles. I own more than just a couple, and they are great to shoot and also to touch and to admire their beauty and craftsmanship.

I'm sure this will draw some ire, but to me the difference between a Sako and a Savage is like the two pictures below.

They both might cook a great breakfast the morning after (or shoot straight since we're talking rifles), but who would you rather look at over a couple of strips of bacon and cold orange juice?

A Sako:

JenniferAnistonatGoldenGlobes2010.jpg

Or a Savage:

Beautifulsmile.jpg

Just my opinion....

-BCB

I will say one thing: as much as I do like Sakos, you pay a premium for them here in the States. Replacement parts are ridiculously priced. For the price of some Sako bottom metal, you could have a Stevens rifle with a POS scope on it.

Another thing I found out from a couple of Finlanders, is that modern production Tikkas are not too popular there these days. They all shoot Sakos and Tikkas are generally regarded as crap......

Sometimes a fella just has to settle. Ya know after some new teeth/braces, a hairdoo, short little black skirt, lots and lots and lots of makeup. Things can become a little bearable.

Originally Posted By: chefpierreSometimes a fella just has to settle. Ya know after some new teeth/braces, a hairdoo, short little black skirt, lots and lots and lots of makeup. Things can become a little bearable.

That is a pretty accurate depiction of life in da U.P........
laugh.gif

Back