Your favorite bi-pod?

Stoney Point Rapid Pivot. Same mount on each gun. I bought three sets of legs, covers from prone to standing, super fast on off.

Originally Posted By: marzare there any bi pods that swivel,i have a harris and it moves so you can level your rifle but if a yote comes in off to one side you have to lift it and move into position which is not a good situation to be moving when target animals are on the way in.

This is what im looking to try next, I dont believe the Harris's do that. I have been looking at the Versa Pod Model #54 http://www.versapod.com/proddetail.asp?prod=150-054

I believe that is what the Bucking the odds guys use in their coyote videos

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Quote:The Harris-S series swivels and cants.

Do you have one, and if so, can you post a pic of the swivel mechanism?

I'll post pics when it arrives.

Originally Posted By: dzlfarmboyOriginally Posted By: marzare there any bi pods that swivel,i have a harris and it moves so you can level your rifle but if a yote comes in off to one side you have to lift it and move into position which is not a good situation to be moving when target animals are on the way in.

This is what im looking to try next, I dont believe the Harris's do that. I have been looking at the Versa Pod Model #54 http://www.versapod.com/proddetail.asp?prod=150-054

I believe that is what the Bucking the odds guys use in their coyote videos

The versa pod weighs 3 times what the Harris weighed. Only reason I picked the Harris.

It arrived. It cant's, does not tilt, no biggie.

I'll post a pic tomarrow. I mounted it backwards as it reaches well beyond my muzzle, mounted forward. But it feels good retracted for freehand shots and carrying it. The rubber feet come to just behind the mag well, at the front edge of the trigger area. It will only impeade my normal trigger finger across the mag well, I'll adjust my grip or something.

Should be fine for the way I hunt, time will tell.

I've used the Harris short and talls and they work ok.
PMresize1.jpg

The bipod I use the most for calling is the B-Square Roto-Tilt. It tilts and swivels. The mounting "system" is not as good as Harris but the thing works great. The best news is that it can be swapped between rifles quickly and it's cheap. They can be picked up for about 30 bucks.
PMresize2.jpg

IMG00233.jpg

Stoney Point Polecat!!!!! This pops off in a snap and I don't have to have any bipod digging into my shoulder when walking to the stand. Just slide it in my pack. I have two other mounts on my other ARs and I can just use one bipod for all three without using any tools when I switch to another gun.

This one mounts to the swivel, and I did count the seconds but I can take it off in probably 10 seconds, and put it on about the same.

Originally Posted By: Pbchucker
IMG00233.jpg

Stoney Point Polecat!!!!! This pops off in a snap and I don't have to have any bipod digging into my shoulder when walking to the stand. Just slide it in my pack. I have two other mounts on my other ARs and I can just use one bipod for all three without using any tools when I switch to another gun.

I hear those are very good.......just mount a single stud to each rifle and swap the sticks.....saw one the other day and was impressed

Back