NE Archery Gobbler

Well the curtain came down on my NE archery Turkey season yesterday. After sitting a blind most of the morning. I could hear a very large group turkeys about 150 yards away across the river. They were tucked in behind a dirt berm. So, me being the daring soul I am I decided I would wade the river and go after them.
I was on the cut side of the river traveling up the 4' dirt bank. When I got to within 60 yards of the turkeys, I noticed 3 jakes were watching me. I slowly duck down behind the bank and waited on them to relax. I eased closer. I got to within 40 yards and peeked up over the bank. I was wanting to get to the larger bunch as that was where the big gobblers were.
I made it about another 5 yards when I peeked up over the grass to see a gobbler looking right at me. I ducked down as he started towards me. I was stuck, I couldn't move in knee deep water. I thought if I can ease 6 feet further and remain hidden I could kneel on a small mud bank.
I thought about peeking up thinking the bird was on top over me 4 feet above. I saw the top of his head just ahead of me getting ready to jump down on a grassy shelf at the rivers edge a mere 20 yards in front of me. As, he started down I drew my bow. About the time he noticed me. I let it fly... catching him perfect. He was leaking bad as he headed back in the direction he came from. As, he was flopping in the grass 30 yards away. The 3 jakes came over and whipped every last breath out of him. Very cool to see.

There is alot more of the story from the weekend. I will share it with a video that will be put up soon. 2 more birds died. That story will follow with that.

Heres a "teaser"...

020rv.jpg

But for now...

I guess you could say this is a "different" gobbler. He has two beards, one 8" and one 9", 1 1/8" spurs, 19.5 lbs.

My first turkey with a bow...

006ib.jpg

0329101854a.jpg

023nht.jpg

15ge8er.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I appoligize for the delay of the footage. Our harddrive crash when I tried to reload the software on the new one I can't find the serial number. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the bump.

Back