Just killed 4 coyotes one stand!

That is awesome! And with a shot gun to boot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I can see why you have the orange antenna, that way you don't shoot the call with all that fast action! Good job!

Unbelieveable,you really know how to get a newcomers blood pumpin',you are a true "predator master" to bust 4 like that.It looks like you ruined their day! Were you hunting in oregon?

Rust Holt
If I had to carry only one gun it would be a shotgun. I like calling the heavier cover for the fast in close action. I sometimes can only carry the shotgun during our big game seasons here since you can't have a centerfire rifle in the field unless you have an "unused tag" for the big game season that is open. The last day of this hunt I only carried the shotgun since I had filled my deer tag and deer season was still open. On this hunt I killed 16 of the 19 with the shotgun. If you can't carry a rifle you just have to try to work them in with lip squeaks and if they don't wind you they will usually get close enough.
Junebug
If you looked at the state of Oregon map, I hunt the southeast 1/4th of the state. Anywhere in that area is mostly BLM ground and has plenty of coyotes.
Loudmouth
Thanks for the offer. I don't see anything wrong with the caller in it's present form but will gladly take a free upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You won't be seeing it for a while since I still have some more calling to do. I'll send you an email when I'm ready to send it back for the upgrade. Thanks again.

Ky-ote great job nice story. i'm thinking of getting the new 935 mossberg auto. for the brush here in Washington. Wayne sent a call to Sheri today for her granddaughter. cant wait till morning this has me pumped. Rick

dakatayote
I load 3 1/2" Remington 10 gauge hulls with a CCI 209 primer, 47 grains of Winchester 571 powder, Remington SP10 Power Piston wads and 46 pellets of homemade #4 Buckshot (2 1/4 ounce.)

I use to use Winchester 540 powder but in the patterning tests that I did, the loads with the Winchester 571 patterned better. It just depends on what your gun likes. Shotguns will really change there pattern from one type of powder to another.

I see you are from South Dakota. Born and raised on a farm near Revillo, South Dakota until I moved out here in 1980. Still miss S.D. except for shoveling the snow in the winter.

Nice work Ky-ote! Good shooting! Tis' the season for multiples. Love this time of year. Have plans to go hunt down in central OR this season. I'm told it's a callers wonderland. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif From the looks of it, it's true. Congrats!

Back