weaver super slam

family guy

Thinking about buying a Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50 with illuninated dual-X rectical. How clear is the glass? It will be used for day and night hunting.

I have been looking at one of these real hard also. I look forward to see what everyone has to say. I have a Weaver Grand Slam scope that is awesome. If he Super Slam is better than that it will be awesome.

Great quality glass not doubt!

IMO their customer service isn't very good. I've had a Grand Slam for about 7 years and have really used it hard on my big game rifle. The scope started fogging inside, so I sent it in for warranty work. It was sent back saying the warranty was void due to excessive use. I believe it's because Weaver optics has been sold multiple times over the last 10 years. I was dissapointed.

Others may have better luck than I.

Gold Ring Leupolds for me. They back up the warranty.

Weaver has come along way over the years. In my opinion, their glass is second to none for the money. I have a new T24 that I use for Target shooting. It costs me $430. A friend has a $1200 Nightforce and I can't see any better using it. I personally know some Benchrest guys who use Weavers on $3,000+ rifle for competition. Like I said, great deal for the money.

I just got a Weaver Super Slam 1.5-6x24 last week and absolutely love the thing.
I don't need much magnification where I hunt. It has the German #4 illuminated reticle and you can choose either red or green dot. Never owned a weaver before so took a chance on my cousins recommendation and I couldn't be happier with it. It is on the heavy side though as a previous poster mentioned. Worth every penny imo.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThe T-series remains a steal........

Absolutely!!!

In side by side testing from my bench using my rifle at 500 yards, the Weaver T-36 tracked as good as my Brother-In Law's Nightforce 8X-32X, and better than my uncorrected 36X Leupold. To top it off, image quality was also on par with the Leupold.

John

I have used/owned more brands of scopes than many here would believe. Weaver remains the best scope out there for the money IMO. I have abused a couple and they continue to work. I have 2 that are literally bent and still working fine. Nothing in their price class come close to tracking as well either. This goes for Bushnell Elites, Nikon Monarchs, Burris FFIIs costing more money. The T-Series will track with scopes costing hundreds more, as you say........

Well mine is a 30mm tube which I forgot to mention. Plus it has the electronics for the illumination but I can't imagine that makes much of a difference. Maybe the more knowledgeable guys on here will chime in.

I have many V series and Grand Slams. I'm not sure that the premium price is justified for the Grand Slam over a standard V series. If I had to buy another, I would opt for the standard V-series and save a few bucks.

Back