Best Scent Cover ever

gj

I had a BAD streak of luck calling yotes for a couple weeks, now I Know how to call real good but when you see the dogs hanging out 500 yrds and barely give a look in your direction it makes you wonder.So I gave my good friend (Jerry Malbeck) a call and together we figured out the problem. Now its been 100+ degrees here for 2-3 wks and I mentioned that we had been sweating like pigs during our hunts ,Jerry thought we needed a scent cover so the next time out we decided to visit a rancher friend, he had a big OL bull that had died 2-3 wks ago, we got to that old bull and we cut from bottom of the rib cage to the tail now when I made that first poke I thought that OL bull was guna explode he was bloated so bad and every inch we cut further the bad smells doubled we got him opened up pretty good so I told steve my yote partner to hand me his gun of course he asked why, I said you dont want to take your gun in there do ya . Well after a lot of persuasion he went in. Now steves a big guy and I noticed his boots were hanging out. Im sure steve was holding his breath while rolling around in there so he came out pretty quick. I told him to kick his boots around in there to get some of that fowl juice on them. Then he said, hand him my gun.Well he wasnt to happy when I told him as long as I was within 20 ft of him the smell would cover us both! Anyway we got out to the first stand and the yotes were coming in before I even started calling. Thanks Jerry for sharing your secret with me! Now all I need is to figure out how to bottle this stuff! LOL gj.

------------------
www.moaammo.com

[This message has been edited by gj (edited 07-06-2001).]

GARY !!!!!
You were not supposed to wallow in it . I guess you misunderstood . You were just supposed to set up near the Bull . I guess in the future im gonna have to be very clear on the use of cover scent . LOL.

For some reason, I don't like the home made scent stuff and that sounds really home made.

[This message has been edited by RanUtah (edited 07-08-2001).]

somebody has been watching The Discovery Channel again.
I saw an "old timey" elephant hunt where the bearers and skinners were walking in and out of the carcass carrying parts of the elephant.

..........and thats no bull......

------------------
Thanks for your time--

I discovered during turkey season that the deer can't smell ya When ya step ina big steamy hunk a cow poop. I had a doe practically walk across my lap. just step in it with both boots. I slipped and sat down in it
frown.gif

Wow! Some people will do anything to shoot a coyote, won't they? That's truly disgusting!!

------------------
yotewalk.gif

If you aren't havin' fun, why bother doin' it?

Reminds me of that scene from the movie "Rob Roy". Peee uuu!

------------------
Regards,

Sharps Shooter.

'74 Sharps... when you care enough to use the very best.

All kidding aside guys, I used to hunt coyotes in the same pair of work coveralls that I fed cattle in twice a day. Smelled like cattle, looked like cattle, and around here, coyotes are very used to cattle and their essence. Worked great except I switched when that pair finally gave out and went to the rag drawer. Maybe I should wear my expensive camo bibs during chore time?

Rick

Back