gray fox surprise...humor story kinda long

nastynate

Hey everyone i'm new to the site and have really gotten into varmit hunting the last couple of weeks and i've decided this site has been changed to my homepage on my computer! its freakin awesome!
but anyways back to what i was gonna say last friday i went and bought a foxpro spitfire well i'm a farmers son so naturally after i bought it i had to go sit on the tractor for the rest of the day. well after i had been sitting on the tractor for a while it began to run out of diesel well the tank that held the fuel was back behind an old barn that has a bunch of old cars sitting around with old run down sheds too. well my spitfire was practically calling my name so i went and got it outta the truck while the tractor was filling up... i put the batteries in and just started playing around with the sounds. what i didn't expect was 10 seconds later a gray fox came sprinting towards me...needless to say i bout greased my drawers and he prolly did to cuz when i took off sprinting to get the gun outta the truck he whorled around and took off sprinting to cover! well that was just about the coolest thing ever...i decided to see if it would come back with the call screamin gray fox...not only did he come back but the female also came a runnin! so i put the crosshairs on the bigger bodied male and pulled the trigger! down he went and the female took off and wouldnt come back out... but needless to say im hooked!

Isn't it fun when it works out that way? It's gets the blood to moving a whole lot faster and you're hearts almost pumpin too fast to keep the gun steady. Congrats on the firt kill with the new caller.

How did you know to try the "Come back Call" Screamin Gray Fox? Must have been doing some reading here or somewhere, huh?

Welcome to the addiction!

Nate, great job. They won't all be that easy, but that feeling is what brings me back.

Screamin Gray was one of my better sounds this year. It called in a coyote as well as several fox.

yotecatslayer 34...i live in the area around san angelo went to wall high school but hunt here and in sterling city.

Prusen-I'll admit i had no clue what call to push but it said gray fox on the remote and i decided i would give it a shot! lol but i have a feeling the longer i'm on this site the better i'll get!

rpc55-thanks man...i wish they would all be that easy! haha but i'll have to remember that call whenever the foxes are in the area

Back