load for the 55 gr sierra game king .223

donlynch

i've ordered and will soon get a stevens mod 200 in .223 thanks to the info from you guys on this forum. i'll be looking to build a load using the 55 gr sierra game king SBT.i've got some IMR4064 and win 748 and was thinking about using benchmark. would appreciate any suggestions, thanks alot
don
PS my wife doesn't like you guys, you're a bad influence.

I would just use the reccomended powder charges for each powder that are listed in my Reloading publications to start. Id try the powders I have on hand prior to purchasing new Powders. You may find a very good load with what you have. Then you can try adjusting seating depth, and different primers. Good Luck.

That is the same bullet I shoot from my Stevens .223, 25.0grs H4895 is awesome if you don't get good results from your other powders.

I shoot Sierra 55 Gr Blitzkings in my .223 Savage Model 12, load 26.1 Gr Varget with either CCI Benchrest or Federal 205 Primers for good accuracy.

I've had real good luck with 748 and 55's. But VV135 will make those 55's sing like you won't believe. Start about 25.5gr and go up. Don't be afraid to use a compressed load. My most accurate load with that powder and a 55 was doing 3628.

Back