another bobcat

kasper2254

well, i just got back from an awesome week up at our cabin. during the middle of the week my little brother and i checked one of the game cameras that we had set up near our house. it had an awesome picture of a bobcat on it. so of course we tried calling him in a few of the mornings but we had no success. so, during the middle of the day when we had nothing else to do, we went down to this old barn to try calling in this 'ol skunk that has been living there for about a month now. i started off with some vole squeaks for about 5 min. then changed to some grey squirrel distress. the next thing i know, i see something runnin down the hillside behind the barn. i first thought it was a gray fox since it was runnin in so hard. i got ready as i lost sight of him as he crossed through a little dip. then as he came up to the edge of the field, i looked through the scope and couldnt believe it!! it was a bobcat. i clicked the safety off and let it rip. i dropped him right in his tracks. my little brother and i started high fivin' and stuff, we were practicaly in shock, that was the 3rd bobcat i have shot this year. and im pretty sure the trail cam pic is him cuz its only about 100 yards from the place i got the trail cam pic to where i shot him. it was pretty sweet though, we called this bobcat in by mistake at 12:30 in the afternoon. great week to be huntin'

our set up
untitledcopyMedium.jpg

trail camera pic of him
IM000158Medium.jpg

me and my little brother with the bobcat
IMG_0875Medium.jpg

the skunk that we were after
DSC_0005Medium.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking cat. I've only shot one, hit it with the shotgun and he did lots of flips. When I got to the spot he was sitting, he was gone. Never did find that little beggar. You got 3 in one year, well, now I'm jealous. Great shooting though. Now we'll be looking for your report on #4.

ha, actually we never did get the skunk, he would only come out at night. but even if we got him, id probably stay away from it, haha.

Mark,
well, i tried to tan the very first one with a home tanning kit but it didnt work out at all!! so the second and third ones i am going to send in to our local taxidermy to get tanned. after that, ill start trying to sell them.

Back