Ritchs Precision Guns

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1564147 - 03/21/10 05:01 AM Re: The birth of some .358 WSSM brass [Re: Mrgunslinger]
rockinbbar Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: NM
Sounded clear enough to me what he said, and that was simply the in the case of the WSSM cartidges, Winchester makes it to Federal specs.

My guy at Federal backs his play as well.

#1564160 - 03/21/10 07:09 AM Re: The birth of some .358 WSSM brass [Re: rockinbbar]
NM Leon Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: AZ, NM, TX
About time someone figured out a (legitimate) use for Cream-of-Wheat.

Have you trid a .338 WSSM Mike? What kind of performance as opposed to a .338 WSM?

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

#1564177 - 03/21/10 08:05 AM Re: The birth of some .358 WSSM brass [Re: Mrgunslinger]
dtech Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Bemidji, MN
Originally Posted By: Mrgunslinger
So what our telling me is there is no differance between fed and win brass?
Other then the head stamp of course!

No, I have never said that there was no difference between the two, only that they were both made by Winchester. Like Barry noted, I made it pretty clear that it was made to Federal specs.

I actually like the Federal brass better than the Winchester brass, but have used both. I was using the Winchester first because I was actually working on the WSSM uppers before you could purchase brass from either Winchester or Federal. I was getting once fired brass from a guy from Winchester, and the dies that both Olympic Arms and I used in the early days came from a contact of mine at Redding. The Federal brass showed up late in the game by comparison.

Federal Cartridge is "right in my backyard" here in Minnesota, and has often been a great resource to me.

Leon, I have produced a couple of .338 WSSM's, but have not shot them over a chronograph. I used .338 Federal load data as a base-line, and loaded enough for feed/function tests, but didn't take them to the range. The rest of the wildcats on both sides of the .338 has exceeded it's short-action counterpart by 150-200 FPS, and I don't think there is any reason to think the .338 will as well.

#1569601 - 03/26/10 10:00 PM Re: The birth of some .358 WSSM brass [Re: dtech]
chefpierre Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Da UP of michigan
Dtech can you post pics of the wssm lineup as far as cartridges go?

“No matter what is going on in my life, when the sights are aligned and the hammer is about to fall, nothing in the world matters at that second. It’s my nirvana.” - SGT Robert Evans

#1570581 - 03/28/10 10:51 AM Re: The birth of some .358 WSSM brass [Re: chefpierre]
STS Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Seattle, WA
Geezzzzz Mike. Please Stop coming up with ways to separate me and my Money!!!!! You're Killing Me!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  OldTurtle, venatic 

Forum Stats
48276 Members
83 Forums
287833 Topics
2721124 Posts

Max Online: 3771 @ 02/03/14 09:55 PM
Today's Birthdays
400plus, BigRig, Castlerockscott, deuce, dway, GOSOMO, imograss, woodbury, yipyipowwwwww

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.