WT MA-21 vs. Foxpro CS-24

Originally Posted By: CedarbutteIt has a heck of a lot more to do with being where the coyotes are, stand selection and knowing a little bit about huntin yotes than it does with which caller you use.

I agree with you 100%. I killed alot of coyotes with a Johnny Stewart 512 cassette player back in the day. You certainly can't call something in if it isn't there to hear your calling.

Originally Posted By: snowcamomanWeights of callers with battery packs:
CS-24 3lbs 2 oz
WT 2030 (large 30 watt TOA) 4lb 15oz
MA-21 6lbs 2oz

Dimensions (TOA speakers measurements don't include handle or battery packs on sides)

Width x Height x Length
CS-24: 7" x 5" x 7.5"
WT 2030: 11.25" x 8.25" x 11"
MA-21: 5.75" x 7.875" x 9.5"

SCM,

Thanks alot for the info.

No problem, I will have more testing information and photos up here shortly I hope. I was hoping to have the programmable MA feature, but will proceed without it at this point and update when it becomes available.

scm out of curiosity did you use the same scale to weigh all the callers?
How old is your MA21?
What type of battery pack?
I just received my MA21 yesterday and it weighs 5lbs 6oz with alkaline batteries installed, And 5lbs 10oz includeing remote and batteries. I used a couple of pkgs of store bought meat to check the weight of my scale, Best I could do useing the dial scale with 2oz hash marks was within 1oz of the store stickered weight.
Also the bell on my MA21 measures 5 1/2" X 7 11/16" and from the front of the bell to the rear is 9 1/2" not counting any carry handles or brackets.

Last edited:
I used the same postal scale I have at home for weighing all the callers. All of them had NiMh packs on them. I do have some 3M foam on the thing, but the roll is super light, so wouldn't shave much weight on any of the callers. I remeasured the MA and got my flange measurement as 5 5/8" x 7 7/8" again, not sure what the difference is, I'm just using a standard tape measure, not calipers. Either way, I'm not sure why WT gives the back of the callers dimensions (5" x 5") instead of the outer speaker flange.

Which is why I asked if you had an older MA21 or not.
The very rear of my houseing measures 4 3/4" X 4 3/4" not WTs listed 5"X5". I wonder if they changed houseings and or components?

And 5 5/8 is not the same as 5.750
tt2.gif

Last edited:
That's why I mentioned that I remeasured it, not that major of a deal. Mine is a newer model, is yours black or greenish colored case? The housings might be different, but that's pricey to change up molds. Maybe they changed materials and there is a different shrink rate, not sure. Have you run yours with 10AA's? It works just fine if I jumper the 4AA pack 9volt snap, good way to save me batteries when I don't need the super volume.

Mine is the greenish color, Trying to figure different methods of cammoing now. Hadnt even heard about the 10 battery thing.
Hmmm have to keep it mind I would assume the the discharge would be faster useing less batteries.

The discharge from the circuit would probably be the same rate, it's just that you'd get a longer run to low voltage with the 14AA's, since you're beginning with more volts. I'll be doing a run to zero with the callers playing the same sounds, so we'll see how they all do.

Follow up question on the 10 batteries knowing nothing about electronics. Would running less batteries then required cause the amp to burnout. Kinda the old deal with refrigerators burning up compressors after a power outage and low voltage.

Just another thought on the 10 battery idea.
And I could see maybe utilizeing it in a pinch but otherwise if you dont need the xtra volume why not just turn the volume down instead of useing less batteries.

Yep, or if a guy finds that he's short batteries in the field, or that some are losing capacity, it'd work then too. I'm so used to having all my 10AA packs loaded up, taped up, and ready to go, the 4 extra's throw a new loop. Not a big deal though, I haven't drained it down in the field yet. I need to replace my O-rings on the back battery screws though, they've broken in the cold.

Back