Nikon Coyote Special for the .243

d2admin

Administrator
I am looking at the 4.5-14 x 40mm for the Predator 243 I just bought. Just looking at the trajectory chart for the 22-250 and the 243 I think it should work for the 243. Does anyone have any data to support my theroy? The 243 shooting the 58gr Vmax is actually flatter than the 22-250 with the 55gr at nearly every range, 1/4" flatter at 300yds, 1/2" at 400yds, and nearly 1" flatter at 500yds.

Thanks

If it is within 1/4 inch at 300 yards for Coyotes you will be just fine. But it will be the best if you take your gun and your ammo out and shoot at those distances and see how the real world compares to paper.

Hey Swiss, Your signature on your reply is very interesting. I wore almost the exact same insignia. 27E how about you?

I just put one of the Nikon Coyote Specials on my new AR-15 last week and got it sighted in but haven't had it in the field yet. Hope to get out this weekend if the weather holds up.

If your trajectory is truly that close to the 22-250 load u speak of then don't worry about it. Very few guys will be able to realize the difference practically in the field between the 2.

Back