What say ye on the Primos Jellyhead choke for turkeys?

Mason_Jarr

I'm attempting to fine tune my Benelli for the upcoming turkey season. I hear good reviews on the Primos Jellyhead choke, but would like to hear from anyone who has tested one. Any other recommendations on chokes would also be welcome. I currently am shooting a TruGlo choke and it'll put about 7 pellets in a one inch circle at 40 yards.

Never shot a Jellyhead. I believe they're ported and I prefer non- ported tubes. I have an Undertaker and Briley Hevi-shot tubes and have had good success. Like 'Bama said, it might be a great choke you just need to experiment with different loads. I'm partial to Federal Flite Controls and they typically work best through non-wad stripping (non-ported) tubes. Not sure what the constriction the Jellyhead is but normally the tighter the choke the better results you'll get from smaller shot sizes. Again, experiment. If your Tru glo is consistent on a 10" circle why mess with a good thing? My .02

Last edited:
The Jellyhead is probably the best inexpensive choke on the market. But if you really want to make a turkey shredder, buy an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike and some Hevi-13 #6's. My Benelli M1S90 with the .665" IC-BDS and the H-13 3-2-6 load averages slightly over 200 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 measured yards. I have another IC-BDS on my wife's little Remington Youth Model 20 gauge 870 with a 21" barrel and through that .555" IC-BDS choke with Hevi-Shot #5's it averages 117 in the 10" at 40 yards. I'm not knocking the Jellyhead because it is a great choke for the money, but they have never given me the patterns that a Kick's Gobblin' Thunder or the Indian Creek chokes do.

I've got a benelli Super Black Eagle II with a jellyhead in it, and shooting the hevi-13 3.5 inch 2 1/4 oz loads in #6 shot, it will put 230+/- pellets in a ten inch circle at 40 yards. With the same load and a jellyhead in my 835, I'm getting 250+- in the 10 inch circle at 40 yards.

I found some on sale and bought the Black Diamond Strike. OMG!!! I pity the turkey that comes my way this year. At 25 yards it put the wad through the center of the target! Still way lethal at 40 yards. I didn't count the pellets, but it was dense and centered.

Yep, the Indian Creek gets it done! Coupled with the right shell it is a head shredder.

I have a supernova w a jellyhead and it seems to do the job. I shoot hevi 13 #5's,3.5. never actually counted the pellets, but seemed pretty dense.

I had a jellyhead on my nova and the pattern was excellent. The nova just didnt shoot straight no matter what I choke or load i shot the pattern was always way to the right but the jellyhead was the best choke for it. Blew a 3in hole trough the cardboard backing at 25yds.

I shoot the BDS also, near 300 hits in a ten inch circle at 40 yds 3-2-7's hevi-13's. tried the jellyhead but didn't get as evan a pattern through both 870 and 11-87. Indian creek all the way.

I purchased one for my benelli m2 this year and it has functioned perfectly with hevi 13 #6 shot.

So far my choke tube/hevi shot has killed 4 birds and a coyote.

My two birds
5b1ume.jpg

19.27lbs
8 1/2 inch beard
1 1/16 spurrs

51ajq9.jpg

20.06lbs
9 3/4in beard
1nch spurs
Little brothers bird/coyote

f0wahc.jpg

qz565j.jpg