20gauge for Crows???

Kirby01

Guys you think a 20 is okay for crows. Don't they generally come in pretty close? Thinking of buying a new shotgun and I can get a pretty good deal on a 1187 camo but its a 20. Thanks Kirby

Another vote for 20Ga and 6's. Hands down my favorite for crows and upland game. Got a safe full of 12's but unless I'm duck, goose, or turkey hunting I always grab the "20" always! You don't need to spend big bucks on shells either, Game Loads (low brass) will work just fine. Shooting express loads in a 20Ga kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Remington Express Long Range ammo and a Charles Daly 20 gauge pump served me well for 3 years. It was light kicking and sent many many crow into a nosedive!

redeyeddog,
SHEEESE!! That's quite an avatar! Makes me glad that I'm a gun owner. SHEEESE!!! I think I'll put my 20 O/U Loaded with 6'S beside the bed for a while. Makes a very big hole at close range and you won't harm your neighbor. 20'S/6'S..........., I believe!!
I'm guessing that guy in your avatar aint no used car salesman! At least one that eats on a regular basis, unless of course he's eating his victims! LOL.
SHEESE!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coloradobobredeyeddog,
SHEEESE!! That's quite an avatar! Makes me glad that I'm a gun owner. SHEEESE!!! I think I'll put my 20 O/U Loaded with 6'S beside the bed for a while. Makes a very big hole at close range and you won't harm your neighbor. 20'S/6'S..........., I believe!!
I'm guessing that guy in your avatar aint no used car salesman! At least one that eats on a regular basis, unless of course he's eating his victims! LOL.
SHEESE!!

LOL !!!! I thought I was the only one who thought that guy in his avatar was a big eared bugger !! LOL
I just hope it aint redeyeddog himself
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

Redeyeddawg I was just a funning ya a little. But I bet your avatar can hear a chicken fart at 350yds.....LOL...Sorry , I'm sorry, just couldnt help it........LMAO !!!!

LOL great stuff guys......
Might want to either wipe your mouth off a bit or at least get a drool cup. Kind of reminds me of what Lenny from Of Mice and Men might look like. "Can I tend to the rabbits George?"

Originally Posted By: redeyeddawgNo biggie. There's lots of folks that look like my avatar where you live.
grin.gif

OH MAN thats a good one.....LOL!!!!..its nice to see folks can poke and prod a little fun and no one gets there feathers ruffled , well........except that chicken that just farted at 350 yds....LOL.....Thanks for being a good sport.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: freefloatLOL great stuff guys......
Might want to either wipe your mouth off a bit or at least get a drool cup. Kind of reminds me of what Lenny from Of Mice and Men might look like. "Can I tend to the rabbits George?"

That's a good one too. I forgot about Lenny .......LMAO !!!!! WHEW.... guys im pretty sure if we had a Pred Masters contest on who has the funniest avatar ole Redeye would win.....Every time I see his avatar I imagine a cousin of mine rideing in the back of pa's ole truck . We were doing 50-60mph when pa hollared "will yall look at that" and thats when he stood up and caught a june bug smack in the middle of his forehead....LMAO !!!!!! You wouldnt think a little ole june bug could all most knock you out of a truck , but it rolled him against the tailgate.......
lol.gif
lol.gif

20 gauge is great for crows. I use an old Ithaca Featherlight. It works just fine with #6 shot. I love those old Ithacas. I remember back in the old days when Ithaca was a very popular brand. They were very reliable. New guns are too sophisticated for this old hunter.

Back