RRA mid length 16" predator pursuit

spook1

Guys, I am fairly new to AR's so excuse my lack of knowledge. But I was looking on PKfirearms website and noticed they had a "New from RRA" mid length 16" Predator pursuit upper and rifle. I have been debating between a new Predator Pursuit upper or a Coyote Carbine upper and thought, this is it. But my question is, what is the main difference between this mid length 16" and the regular Predator Pursuit. Is there anything that will affect accuracy or performance? What would be the pros and cons? Like I said, I am fairly new to AR's and was thinking the main difference between the 2 PP rifles would be the barrel length and the difference between the 16" PP and the Coyote Carbine is the flash hider. I couldn't find this on RRA website though. I figured it should still shoot since it is a RRA. Would this mid length 16" Predator Pursuit be the answer to my dilema between the Coyote and the 20" Predator Pursuit. Sorry for all of the rambling, but any help is greatly appreciated.

I shoot the RRA 16" PP when I'm in tight cover or I'm going to be doing a lot of walking since it is a lighter one of my 3 AR's. I use a 20" DMPS Panther Bull when I go where I know my shots can go over 250 yds cuz I have a 3-12X50 scope on it. I have shot my 16" out to 350 yds but I feel more comfortable with a more powerful scope.
Just my .02 Dogg

I have a 20" predator pursuit and really like it. The 2 stage trigger is nice and it is extremely accurate. The only downfall to it is the weight vs say an M4 with a 16" barrel.

This new 16" predator pursuit would be really nice for those that want less weight but accuracy similar to the 20" PP.

The trade off is in velocity. You will lose somewhere around 200 fps dropping to the 16" barrel. That much change in velocity changes things at ranges over 250 yards.

RRA site does not say anything about the 16" PP. It would be sweet to have a mid-length 16" with the benefits of the PP. I think I would prefer it over the coyote 16" because of the match barrel and chamber.

I have a 16 inch A4 midlength upper with the optional 1x8 SS barrel. I'd suppose the whole rifle without optics or mag is around 7 lbs. I had DTech flute it under the handguard.

I have the 16" Coyote model. RRA raised and forward brute of a scope mount with Leopold 4.5 X 14 w/varmit hunting retical. 55gr. vmax chrono'd and special handloaded to still get 3100fps even with the 16" barrel. As close to 1 hole groups at 100 yds as you can get. 2 weeks ago on a DEAD calm morning shot a 1 7/8" group at 500 yds with this setup. I am totally amazed at the quality and performance of this gun. I have 3 other different brands and styles of AR's and they are collecting dust now. Did I mention this comes with a perfect hunting trigger too?

I was looking at RRA's sight last night at their complete uppers. I may buy one to go on my R15 lower. Of course I would get it dipped to match. I am thinking maybe a Coyote 16 so I can just slip a supressor on the flash hider. Or I could just buy a whole extra rifle! I like the Varmint A4 uppers a lot too. MSRP of 600. What's the cheapest have you seen them.

Last edited:
Last year I almost did the same thing to a dpms lower. Glad I didn't. The fit and finish on my RRA coyote far excedes the tolerences I thought were possible on mass produced AR platform. Also, I wouldn't have got the trigger or the stock I have grown to love. Had to spend big $ to put jewel trigs in my other ar's. This one comes ready to HUNT.

scullcreek,

If you decide you want one of the RRA A4 Varmints, let me know. That is what I currently have and it shoots lights out. Here in Ohio, and for my type of hunting, I would be better served with something lighter. That is why I was looking at the 16" Predator Pursuits. Most of my predator hunting involves alot of walking, and I would like to get a lighter upper for my rig. It is the 20" Varmint model.

Originally Posted By: TwistrateLast year I almost did the same thing to a dpms lower. Glad I didn't. The fit and finish on my RRA coyote far excedes the tolerences I thought were possible on mass produced AR platform. Also, I wouldn't have got the trigger or the stock I have grown to love. Had to spend big $ to put jewel trigs in my other ar's. This one comes ready to HUNT.

I have a RRA Two Stage NM in my R15 and I am planning on going Geiselle when funds allow, I don't particularly care for it. I also love the CS I have on my R15.

I was looking at the 16 inch A4 upper or possibly the Coyote 16. I liek a short rifle. One of those 16 inch Coyotes would look sweet with a longer handguard on it too.

Back