AA battery chargers. What you guys using?

doggin coyotes

I'm assuming that one of the smart type chargers that will or is capable of analyzing the condition of the batteries is the way to go?

I would like to know what kind of battery charger you guys are using for your AA NiMH batteries. Make, model and cost info of the charger would be good also.
smile.gif

Likes, dislikes, wish you would of bought a different one. Bring on the opinions guys.

Thanks in advance.

I use the Powerex MH-C9000 Wizard One. It'll do everything you need with NiMH's. Bought it at Thomas Distribution and they toss in a really nice case for the thing. It's nice, but only charges up 4 batteries at a time.

I also have 2 of the 15minute Energizer quick chargers for batteries that I don't care much about. The quick charger seems to kill batteries over time though and I toss them on the Wizard One every so often to see what their capacities are like. Some I can rejuvenate with the Refresh/Analyze feature and some of them are beyond refreshing. The one's that don't make the cut get tossed out.

i just bought the tenergy charger from all predator calls .com. it tells you if you have a bad battery + charges 8 aa at a time. they seem to last longer charged with it. check it out. Nick

Originally Posted By: RetooferabI use a maha 801cd. I hope that is the right model #. I like it it was around $75.00

1+ / I have the same one....worth the money. I think I got mine of ebay for $63

Originally Posted By: Outwest1i just bought the tenergy charger from all predator calls .com. it tells you if you have a bad battery + charges 8 aa at a time. they seem to last longer charged with it. check it out. Nick

Nick I hope you know the refresh option on the charger will not work properly.

Hammer

Originally Posted By: hammer007Originally Posted By: Outwest1i just bought the tenergy charger from all predator calls .com. it tells you if you have a bad battery + charges 8 aa at a time. they seem to last longer charged with it. check it out. Nick

Hammer

Hammer, so there is a defect or something in that charger that APC sells? That's the one I had almost decided to go with. Guess I'll look some more at some of the other suggestions. I wonder if APC is aware that charger is flawed. Thanks hammer.

I've got the 801 then charges 10 at once, but the one I use mostly is a Maha that analyses the batteries and you can only do 4 at a time, can't recall the model # but I think it was around $50 bucks or so!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: hammer007Originally Posted By: Outwest1i just bought the tenergy charger from all predator calls .com. it tells you if you have a bad battery + charges 8 aa at a time. they seem to last longer charged with it. check it out. Nick

Hammer

Hammer, so there is a defect or something in that charger that APC sells? That's the one I had almost decided to go with. Guess I'll look some more at some of the other suggestions. I wonder if APC is aware that charger is flawed. Thanks hammer.

Well they know that initial charging is a problem, when they send them out now they tell people how the charger times out after 24 hours and you need to reset the charger and let them finish up. At 200 mamps it takes 28 -32 hours of charging.

So when you use the refresh option on that charger it will not fully charge drained batteries before it times out at 24 hours. This charger is the one I use for charging in between uses, but if I want to refresh batteries I use a Lacrosse charger for that.

I emailed AP this question last month and have not heard back on it from him yet.

I like reading manuals on everything I buy and that is how this flaw was found. If you are using 2,000 MA batteries it would work flawless on those.

Like I said this is a OK charger and I like mine, but just be-aware of how it works.

Hammer

Originally Posted By: hammer007Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: hammer007Originally Posted By: Outwest1i just bought the tenergy charger from all predator calls .com. it tells you if you have a bad battery + charges 8 aa at a time. they seem to last longer charged with it. check it out. Nick

Hammer

Well they know that initial charging is a problem, when they send them out now they tell people how the charger times out after 24 hours and you need to reset the charger and let them finish up. At 200 mamps it takes 28 -32 hours of charging.

So when you use the refresh option on that charger it will not fully charge drained batteries before it times out at 24 hours. This charger is the one I use for charging in between uses, but if I want to refresh batteries I use a Lacrosse charger for that.

I emailed AP this question last month and have not heard back on it from him yet.

I like reading manuals on everything I buy and that is how this flaw was found. If you are using 2,000 MA batteries it would work flawless on those.

Like I said this is a OK charger and I like mine, but just be-aware of how it works.

Hammer
That's the charger I use, although I haven't had it long. And I am using the 2000's, too. It seems to be working fine so far.

My charger is a Powerex (Maha) MH-C801D. It cost me around 75.00-80.00 when I got it. I got it from Thomas distributing. I does a 1 hour quick charge, slow trickle charge, conditions the batterys and monitors each individual battery for a charge. It charges AA and AAA size batteries only. I see from above posts I aint the only one with this same charger.

t/c223encore.

I just ordered two sets of the Eneloop batteries from Amazon.
Which gives me 2 chargers 16 AA Batteries and 4 AAA batteries plus the adapters for C&D batteries for $59.98 shipped.

Back