Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine

Rammer

Anyone have a Precision Carbine in 223? If so, is it capable of grouping 40gr bullets at all? What kind of groups are you getting with them with any bullets? Thanks

I'd be interested in hearing how the 308s shoot as well!

I'm still trying to decide between the Savage and the Remington LTR, but my dealers aren't finding either of them at the moment........

I've got a PC in .308 win and it shoots the same one hole five shot groups that everyone else on the internet gets (all day long).

Originally Posted By: gary paughI've got a PC in .308 win and it shoots the same one hole five shot groups that everyone else on the internet gets (all day long).

Oh no, another internet commando! hahahaha

Geez gary, you stole my line.(lol) Rammer i have a pc in .308 and on my BEST day yet was able to do a three shot group into a 1" orange stickum at 342yds. No not one hole, but close enough for me, now on my worst day i have missed the target all together.

The rifle will shoot much better than most of us can, period. blue

Not a carbine but I do have a BVSS with a 1 and 9 twist that shoots 40gr. Varminters 1" or slightly less at 100 yrds.

My best is hitting a 2" square 2 for 2 at 365yrd
Took a friend to the range His first time shooting my PC he shot a 3/4" 5 shoot group at 100yrds.

I have a question for you guys with the PC. Does it have the round receiver or flat receiver? What scope bases you running on them?

Thanks for all the reports.

My homemade PC. It started as a Stevens 223. I cut the barrel down to 18", glass bedded and painted the stock. 6.5 lb. with scope.

001.jpg

I have a Savage PC in .223 and it's certainly accurate. I've got about 150-200 down the tube now and it seems to have settled in. The "balance" of the gun doesn't drive me wild because so much weight is out front, but it functions like a Swiss watch overall.

I literally got bored with it after about a 5 trips to the range because I can't get it to shoot ANYTHING larger than a 3/4 inch group, and most at half-inch or less. That was with a variety of factory loads, hand loads, and a myriad of powders and bullet combinations.

I keep threatening to sell it, though I know letting go of the most accurate rifle you've ever shot is not wise. It does SO many things well that it reminds me of a Leatherman. It's set up well for coyotes, Rock Chucks, long-range target shooting, etc., etc.

Still....

I'll finish with this...I can't imagine a guy buying one and not liking it a great deal. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dave

Im with Dave on tis one. My PC is in .308 and shoots very well. I just ordered one in .223 and I hope that it shoots the same.
Come to think of it, I don't have a Savage rifle that does not shoot well.

Last edited:
Back