Alright lets see those high racks

Tex Hunts

Im wanting to build a high rack, and i'd like to see some rigs that work well for you guys. Im really just wanting something fairly simple that wont be too much work getting on and off my truck. Thanks in advance for any pictures.

IMG_0784.jpg

100_0999.jpg

We can hunt at night, but can't be attached to, on, or in a vehichle.

I dont think it would be that practical around here, but in the right terrain/area that would be sweet.

This year on a hunt in West Tx my buddy wanted to try it in the day time and I told him he was crazy and it wouldn't work. One minute into our first stand I shot a bobcat at about 60 yards and had to eat my words. The next day we tried it again and my buddy shot a cat at about 3 minutes into the stand. This cat was at 50 to 60 yards. We tried 2 other stands with no luck. We were calling flat brushy country with the caller and Mojo 30 yards or so from the pickup. I now beleive that in flat country with lots of cover it is a practical way to hunt. I would suggest getting on your hands and knees and see how far your visability is and then you can decide if it is practical in your area. Both cats that we shot were in range before they saw the pickup.

Last edited:
I will get down to there eye level when im walking to a stand to make sure the truck can not be seen. We have a lot of 3 to 4ft tall grass i hunt in and it is hard to see. Every place i have to call is pretty thick. I thought is a guy parked along a tree line the trees would break up any out line and the rack would get you where a guy can see. I think a lot of my problem is im calling them in but im only seeing 1/2 or less that i call. I shot a coyote a few months ago that i never seen him come in and he was about 125yrds in front of me sitting down and looking at the caller trying to figure out what to do. I sene his ears and looked threw the scope and thats all it took. And i know i have not seen several cats that had come in that got a pass. I may build a rack this summer and give it a try next season to see how it works during the day.

Back