Randy Anderson Bark a lounger info

mt boy

Anyone using one of these.Been looking really hard at them and they look like they work pretty good what do you all think

All the primos mouth calls work great. I have the Hot dog, Little dog, Ki-Yi and the Double whammy. These calls work great, takes some practice put you will get the hang of it. These calls are great especially for the money. If I were you go and get the Little dog and Ki-Yi.

The reason I say this is because it takes less are to breath into these calls, which makes it easier to use and get the hang of it. It's not extremely loud, it's more for your calm days, but more often then not it will work for what a coyote hunter needs

I would highly recommend getting an instructional DVD on how to use the primos hand calls. He will give a lot of pointers on how to pitch the call to sound combos and stuff like that.

Once you get the hang of the little dog and the Ki-Yi, if you still like the calls then go and get the Hot Dog. The Hot Dog takes a lot more air to make each sound. The Hot Dog is better once you get the hang of it and also the Hot dog is much louder than the Little dog.

Originally Posted By: buckshooter2All the primos mouth calls work great. I have the Hot dog, Little dog, Ki-Yi and the Double whammy. These calls work great, takes some practice put you will get the hang of it. These calls are great especially for the money. If I were you go and get the Little dog and Ki-Yi.

The reason I say this is because it takes less are to breath into these calls, which makes it easier to use and get the hang of it. It's not extremely loud, it's more for your calm days, but more often then not it will work for what a coyote hunter needs

I would highly recommend getting an instructional DVD on how to use the primos hand calls. He will give a lot of pointers on how to pitch the call to sound combos and stuff like that.

Once you get the hang of the little dog and the Ki-Yi, if you still like the calls then go and get the Hot Dog. The Hot Dog takes a lot more air to make each sound. The Hot Dog is better once you get the hang of it and also the Hot dog is much louder than the Little dog.

buckshooter, is the bark a lounger pretty easy to blow?
lol.gif
lol.gif

I use a turkey vest that uses the same concept and I mean to tell you that you can stay comfortable for extended periods of time having the ability of leaning back with some support.
I looked at getting a couple of them for my hunting buddies as gifts but can't find any localy, yet.

Originally Posted By: kohI use a turkey vest that uses the same concept and I mean to tell you that you can stay comfortable for extended periods of time having the ability of leaning back with some support.
I looked at getting a couple of them for my hunting buddies as gifts but can't find any localy, yet.

Which one do you use?

Gabe

Here's what i use. El cheapo K/Wal-Mart stadium seat covered with a burlap bag. Must resew side strap (female end) closer to seat as they're never close enough as purchased for the best comfort. Then sew up another snap at the end of the side straps to allow hands-free carrying around the waist (i like this system 'cause it's cheap...and homemade)--

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

A buddy that hunts with me has some back problems sitting just on a pad like I do. He and his brother both bought them after seeing it on Randy's video's. They both swear by them. Granted, just that much more to carry, but neither of them will go without them anymore. Just about got me talked into buying one. Although my butt bothers after sitting a while, I've always liked the freedom of movement of just a pad. But that doesn't seem to be a problem for these guys. Got to be better than the Turkey chair I bought to try, plus the Bark a Lounger folds up a lot smaller too. Greg

Originally Posted By: GameEarGabeOriginally Posted By: kohI use a turkey vest that uses the same concept and I mean to tell you that you can stay comfortable for extended periods of time having the ability of leaning back with some support.

Which one do you use?

Gabe

I think they are Eastman outfitters. They were pretty cheap when I got mine, under 20 bucks.They have a good sized pouch in the back for decoys and gear and the cushion itself is waterproof and very soft.
I even use mine for deer and squirrel hunting as well.
Those stadium style seats are all pretty similar in design and they realy do allow you to stay comfortable for longer periods of time when comparing it to just sitting on a cushion or seat.

Originally Posted By: kohOriginally Posted By: GameEarGabeOriginally Posted By: kohI use a turkey vest that uses the same concept and I mean to tell you that you can stay comfortable for extended periods of time having the ability of leaning back with some support.

Which one do you use?

Gabe

I think they are Eastman outfitters. They were pretty cheap when I got mine, under 20 bucks.They have a good sized pouch in the back for decoys and gear and the cushion itself is waterproof and very soft.
I even use mine for deer and squirrel hunting as well.
Those stadium style seats are all pretty similar in design and they realy do allow you to stay comfortable for longer periods of time when comparing it to just sitting on a cushion or seat.

If you can find me the link to it I would appreciate it, cause I cant find it.

Gabe

I use one of these HS Strut seats. I found it is the best seat around for us olod guys. On the one end it is 5 inches off the ground and the other it is 6 1/2 inches off the ground. You can turn it either way for sloaping ground. I weighed it on my food scale and it weighs exactly 2 lb 12 ounces. With strap over your shoulder, you don't even know its there. I always find a tree or fence post to set it in front of and lean against. If no trees then my back gets tired after 15 minutes. You know what they say...The more comfortable you are the more still you can stay. Being that its up off the ground I can get up and aout of it a lot easier than flat on ground. Gettin old ya know lol Oh, I forgot, the legs fold almost flat when carrying it. Also lot warmer than cold ground.

IMG_0104.jpg

Last edited:
I use the HS strut seat also i think it is the best out there and they are cheap. I have used mine for a couple of years now. Could not go without it.
Mike

I don't have anything but a cushion and it sucks. I have been looking at different options. One of which is the Sherpa Backpack Chair(go a few posts down and read Roadkill46s review), next would be the Bark-a-lounger, and last one called the Huntpac Predator Chair & backpack. It's a litle expensive at $120 & it's at Nite Lite. To see go to Huntsmart.com, go to predator hunting and then accessories. It look a lot like the HS seat,but with a padded backrest and padded seat.

I have been using an HS strut seat for a few years. I am 6'4" and weigh 230. I have broke the legs on 2 different chairs in the last 3 years. I wish they made the pivot point out of metal instead of cheap plastic. I'm going to switch to the bark a lounger. Does anyone sell them in the Phoenix area?

Back