fave wildcat

Originally Posted By: newhornet.22BR, Custom Remington 700 Action, Rebarrelled, restocked,.....come to think of it, it just has Remington written on the receiver...LOL

Smart Man,,,,,,,, Mine's a Pac-Nor barreled 700 setting in a H&S PSS stock.
Love the 22BR,,, so easy an old Carpenter can do it.
The local Chucks ain't so crazy about it though..
grin.gif

I have to many custom 17's and 20's to choose just one

..... 17 HeBee, 17 Little Nasty , 20 Beggs, 20 Killer Bee , 20 TAC, 20 VT ......

BUT my 17 Ackley Hornet gives me "mornin' wood"
w00t.gif

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0203.JPG

22-204Ruger (think 222 Rem Mag Improved 30 degree)no fireforming, no custom dies needed.

6x45mm (6mm/223)

6mm/204 (6x47mm Improved 30degree)

25-204 (257 Kimber clone) matches 250 Sav factory ballistics

AWS

6mm 30-30AI taught me more about handloading in six months than I had learned in the previous 35 years. Made my own dies and developed my own data. Has the zip of a 22-250 when shooting 55-58 gr. bullets and meets the minimum requirements for bg here in CO with the heavier 85-100 gr. bullets. Great for a novice hunter to learn with...no recoil.

Originally Posted By: rkite 17-50BMG Hypothetical

Velocity: 5500 fps

Range: 50 yds. (bullet vaporization usually occurs at the 60yd mark)

Barrel life: Fleeting

Special notes: after firing, place in rack muzzle down to allow molten rifling to drain freely.

Last edited:
Man that is a tough one but if I could only own one gun right now it would be the 6X45mm. From deer to PD's it will do it all. Super accurate and easy to load for.

Originally Posted By: kunas6 Ai right now, i have a 17 predator that may soon be my fav true wildcat, possibly my 309 JDJ would be up there to Ron

I think my next rifle will be 17 predator. Explain to me again on how to form the brass? What all do you shoot with it?

On a side note I have heard bits and pieces about a .20 satan based off of a 6x47sm. At least I think that's what it's based off of. I can't find an article or anything on it on the internet. Somebody tell me about this one.

Back