Your favorite bi-pod?

TxninVA

What kind of bi-pod is on your AR? Do you like it?

I have a sling swivel or a threaded hole on my hand guard, no rail.

I'm adding one to a very heavy, very accurate rifle. With the gun it's going on, I only hunt ground hogs. I usually know about where to expect them, but the ground isn't always flat(is it ever?).

And I usually shoot from a seated position backed up to a good tree. I've been crrying sticks for 2 years but the gun weighs just shy of 14lbs, I'd just assume use one shoulder and have a free hand. And I finally picked uo and held a Harris pod the other day, I ain't gonna notice it.

Any input...thanks.

I have three versa pod bi pods, 2 short and one tall. I like that they can easily and quickly be moved to another rifle or a shorter one for a taller one.

Harris swivel bi-pod with the leg notches. I'll only buy Harris bi-pods, because my 30 year old one is still working like new and I've given it a beating.

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerHarris swivel bi-pod with the leg notches. I'll only buy Harris bi-pods, because my 30 year old one is still working like new and I've given it a beating.

+ 1 Harris is hard to beat.

I haven't used it on my AR yet (don't have the bipod adapter yet) but I really like my Harris S 25C. Works great for exactly the way you shoot, seated, leaning up against something.

Harris makes good bipods and I like mine but I have been looking into something that cant swivel 360 while still being attatched to follow moving game and it seems like the versa pod #54 would fit the bill. But have not had one in my hand yet.

I also have a Caldwell and its ok but not built as well as a Harris.

Harris is the best imo, vs. rock mount( i think is the name of the harris knock off) never could get used to the versa pod but some of my buddies swear by them.

I love my Harris but I need one for sitting not bench shooting..lol so I guess Ill have to buy another!But ive never had a problem with mine and dont realy see how you could have any problems with it seeing how it is built..well made!

I use both a harris 6-9 swivel with leg notches and a taller 23 or 25" version, not sure. both are great on my AR with a CAA universal equipment mount that makes them both QD. I use the short one at the range and the long one while hunting, but keep the short one in my drag bag in case i run into a shot where it's needed.

The ATLAS would be my choice if i had the cash, but alas, that is not the case. you're bipod choice should probably depend on what you want to do with it.

Predator calling, a tall Harris is a GREAT choice.

Stoney Point Polecat (sitting to standing version). Can buy additional mounts for other guns and move the same bipod to each gun.

I like the one home made on the Varmint Al's website so if you need to move to shoot at any angle you can just lift the gun and the bipod drops away. I also made one out of two carbon arrows, some shrink wrap, bike tire tube, field points and rubber thumpers. They work great and light.

Originally Posted By: Reel LostI like the one home made on the Varmint Al's website so if you need to move to shoot at any angle you can just lift the gun and the bipod drops away. I also made one out of two carbon arrows, some shrink wrap, bike tire tube, field points and rubber thumpers. They work great and light.

My currently used set is similar to the carbon arrows you describe, looking for an attached set-up.

I bought a Harris S-25C. 1/2 the weight of the verso pod in the same config. Let you know what I think when it arrives...and is field tested.

are there any bi pods that swivel,i have a harris and it moves so you can level your rifle but if a yote comes in off to one side you have to lift it and move into position which is not a good situation to be moving when target animals are on the way in.

I agree with martz. I tried the 25" Harris and blew a couple of nice oportunities on coyotes coming in at an od angle and trying to lift the whole rifle up and move it over, the legs catching on grass, snow whatever.
I sold that one and now use a 9-13 S Harris and a set of homemade cross stix. When I am calling I sit with my rifle on the crossstix with the bipod down and ready. If the coyote comes in quick under 200 yrds I shoot off the stix. If I see it comming from along ways away or it just hangs up I drop the stix and go prone with the bipod. Make shure you can move and go prone without the coyote seeing the movement or your busted. This system workes best for me and Iv'e tried everything through the years.

Back