super sniper?

never had one, but the fellas on SnipersHide speak highly of them as an inexpensive fixed power option for long range shooting. and a good deal of those fellas know there [beeep].

I have several, and love them. they work great. actually I have one sitting in the closet that I might let go. but to answer your question, they are the best alternative to the higher priced scopes.

I have been considering an order for a 10X scope. And i have considered the SS scopes. I have also handled a few of them. But I have not shot them.

I just have a few hangups that I can't seem to get over. They have 3 different 10X scopes. One is $300, one is $400, and one is $800. Now that is on he** of a difference. What did they possibly do to one to make it worth $800 while the other one is worth $300. They do not do a very good job in explaining the difference?? I realize there are a few subtle differences like side focus, but that is just too big of a difference for me. And then the 3X9 is $600?? This just sends up a red flag to me?? I can not back this up with facts---I just do not understand it.

And my second problem with them is that I have been around scopes and rifles for 40 years. And I have seen a lot of bad Tasco's over the years. So I have a hard time spending that much for a Tasco??

Call me COOKY, but I really need to shoot one first. Now Sightron has came out with three fixed power scopes in the SIII line, so I might go with one of them. However to be fair the Sightron and the Super Sniper could be made at the same plant, and at the same standards. Who really knows. Please do not consider this a flame on the Super Sniper scopes. Because I honestly stated that I have not shot one, and that my considerations are based on former biases, not facts. Just for your consideration. Tom.

The only difference between the $300 & $400 scopes are the paralax focus. The $300 model has rear focus adjustments on the eyepice and the $400 has side focus adjustment.

The most expensive model has "HD" high defination glass which is supposed to be better than the lesser costing models.The HD model has rear focus as well.

To me the SS line is geared more to tactical applications than to hunting and look like they would be more rugged than Sightrons.

Both SS and Sightron SIII scopes get very good reviews.I doubt you'd be unhappy with either brand.

I bought one of the 10X rear focus SS scopes and have it mounted on a heavy barrel Savage VLP112 25-06. The glass is good, its rugged, and its affordable. I really think you would be hard pressed to find a better scope for $300, with the exception of the WOTAC 10X from Wonder Optics which is right in line with the SS.

The only thing I do not like is that at longer ranges the mil dot is a little big for my preferences but in No way a disadvantage. If you buy one you will not be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI can't really comment on the newer models, but the older ones were unimpressive IMO.......

I'll have to agree here glass wise. I only got to look through a 10x rear focus at the 100yd.range. Supposebly they track very well. They do have a good following though.

I use a $300 SS 10X on my CZ 452 .22lr for hunting and long range shooting. It can focus on squirrels at 20 feet on out. It has enough adjustment to sight in at 350 yards with some left over.

tt2.gif

Last edited:
Well said Tim!!

There's supposed to be a video somewhere over on Sniper's Hide testing the new SS 3-9x, but i can't find it now. Supposed to be a great optic.

Last edited:
I have a 20X rear focus on my 22 rimfire target Walther rifle. I love it. I bought it for a 308 sniper rifle but did not like the magnification for moving or close shots. I have a 10X Bushnell Tactical to compare it to. The SS is much more clear and sharp. What are you using the aR for? If you are shooting running coyotes you might consider the 3x9. Bob

Back