AR's in .243 caliber?

If you want a .243 win DPMS and armalite make them the remington R-25 is made by DPMS.
They are all AR-10's If you want a AR-15 in .243-6MM cal there are a few to choose from.

I have the R-25 in .243 win and really like it.

Originally Posted By: gary paughIf you want a .243 win DPMS and armalite make them the remington R-25 is made by DPMS.
They are all AR-10's If you want a AR-15 in .243-6MM cal there are a few to choose from.

I have the R-25 in .243 win and really like it.

...Well said...

I only know of one reason to choose the .243 AR10 platform over the AR15.243WSSM version and that is higher quality brass in .243Win.

Other than that...the WSSM .243 will do everything the AR10 will do in a smaller package. that being said. if you dont reload, and want more of a bullet choice...go with the AR10. DPMS makes plenty of nice set ups if you want the custom look, if you want a stock R-25, thats fine too, but i dont like someone deciding what kind of camo I get.

Last edited:
Dtech makes a 243 wssm in an AR-15. Don't buy a heavy bulky Ar-10 when you could get the same caliber in a super short mag for a cheaper price and it would be significantly lighter.

For ammo availability the .243 is a good choice but like others have stated there are multiple cartridges in the ar-15 platform that can do everything the larger ar10 can do and is lighter.

Originally Posted By: MrgunslingerWhy do you say the 243 brass is higher quality?

because no "quality" brass makers are doing WSSM brass yet. with the 243Win you have the option of using brass from a company like Lake City, Norma, Lapua etc.
With the WSSM your basically limited to Winchester and Federal and it isnt very consistent.

for your average lead slinger (like me)...no big deal. but some of the guys on WSSMzone that are BIG TIME WSSM reloaders HATE begin stuck using mediocre brass.

Back