Oregon House Bill 3089 \

Oregon House Bill 3089
You guys need to read the law in it's entirety in order to understand the full implications.

http://gov.oregonlive.com/bill/HB3089/

As it stands, ANY VIOLATION, results in the revocation of licenses and tags for a minimum of 36 months. That's why [YOU] need to read and understand it.

A barbed hook, a missed short crab in the bilges, etc., in short ANY CITATION period, loses you your hunting/fishing license and tags for the aforementioned period, including violations occurring in other states.

Judges are not happy about it, but that's the way things stand at the moment.

Bill was written and sponsored by: Representatives KRIEGER, SCHAUFLER; Representatives
BARKER, BOONE, BRUUN, WEIDNER, WITT, Senator METSGER

SECTION 1. ORS 496.146 is amended to read:
496.146. In addition to any other duties or powers provided by
Law, the State Fish and Wildlife Commission:
(1) May accept, from whatever source, appropriations, gifts or
Grants of money or other property for the purposes of wildlife
Management, and use such money or property for wildlife
Management purposes.

This section of the proposed law allows the PEW Trust and The PACKARD foundation to purchase OUR resources for THEIR agenda. An extremely dangerous precedent.

The deal about losing, permanently, your right to purchase fishing or hunting license (other states honor this restriction) is that if you are ticketed (for a wildlife violation) for any amount over $50, you henceforce shall not be able to hunt or fish.

Of course, there is no fine less than $50....

Last edited:
that link isn't working but thats pretty bad. I'm moving to oregon so its not the kind of thing I want to hear. The NRA should do something.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660that link isn't working but thats pretty bad. I'm moving to oregon so its not the kind of thing I want to hear. The NRA should do something.

want to buy a house? im getting out of here as as i can. this place is a liberal mecca
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: sweatybettyOriginally Posted By: TripleDeuce660that link isn't working but thats pretty bad. I'm moving to oregon so its not the kind of thing I want to hear. The NRA should do something.

want to buy a house? im getting out of here as as i can. this place is a liberal mecca
mad.gif

Hey man don't go someone has to vote against these idiots. I like bend better, less whackos. More jobs at the cost of more hippies in portland area. OR still seems conservative compared to CA.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660Originally Posted By: sweatybettyOriginally Posted By: TripleDeuce660that link isn't working but thats pretty bad. I'm moving to oregon so its not the kind of thing I want to hear. The NRA should do something.

mad.gif

Hey man don't go someone has to vote against these idiots. I like bend better, less whackos. More jobs at the cost of more hippies in portland area. OR still seems conservative compared to CA.

if you look at red/blue voting results, portland, salem and eugene are blue and outnumber the rest of the state which is red for the most part. we dont have a chance
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660that link isn't working but thats pretty bad. I'm moving to oregon so its not the kind of thing I want to hear. The NRA should do something.

As long as your a member of the NRA, I don't mind this comment. However of you are not a member then that makes my blood boil. The reason being, I have several friends that refuse to pay the $35 per year to join ($25 if you look around on the net) one of the few organizations that helps preserve our rights to keep and bear arms on this country.

Just my two cents

Petition for an appeal. Should be able to find the necessary signatures to bring it to a vote of the people. Make enough noise and someone will take it up with the legislature and make change.

So how the heck can you expect to win if you cut and run? 95% or more of oregons very conservative, if you run it just makes it easier for the idiots to make more stupid laws or rules.

Seems it is time to give them their vitamins, trace minerals at high velocity!

Caine murdered Able with a stick
David killed Goliath with a stone
Sampson slew a multitude with the jaw bone of an [beeep]
Now running for office near you!!!

Back