Second speaker for the Spitfire???

Redtail204

I was looking for speaker recommendations for the Spitfire, looking for a "fuller sound" so I can cover a little more ground when calling.

What Aux speakers do you use and find effective?

Thanks

I just bought a 25 watt horn speaker at Radio Shack, soldered a mono end on the wire, plugged it into my scorpion and it actually worked!!! Gave it a fuller sound and a lot more volume!!!

We get the question all the time. The FOXPRO sp55 is a very nice match. It will boost the volume significantly and has very nice audio quality.

our NON scientific testing:
Configuration

Spitfire no external speaker approx 114 Peak* DB
Spitfire with SP108Z and internal speaker OFF 120 Peak* DB
Spitfire with FOXPRO TOA & internal speaker OFF 119 Peak* DB
Spitfire with SP55 and internal speaker OFF 119 Peak* DB

*Peak DB reading is the highest db reading recorded using a particular sound. It is not a indicator of audio quality or increased lethality.

All measurements were from 1 foot using sound #233 jackrabbit distress. Yes, we have a IEC651 Type 2, ANSi S1.4 type 2 compliant digital sound level meter.

4 new AA akaline batteries were used.

Originally Posted By: bscddI just bought a 25 watt horn speaker at Radio Shack, soldered a mono end on the wire, plugged it into my scorpion and it actually worked!!! Gave it a fuller sound and a lot more volume!!!

got a scorpion for my birthday......told my wife i would sell my nx3 for getting me the scorpion...what a mistake i made the nx3 holds more sounds is built the same as a fx3...or..5...has 2 amps 2 speakers and you can put silence between the calls so no remote is needed the scorpion...isnt in its class...maybe i could sell it and just tell her i sold the nx3.....

Originally Posted By: AllPredatorCallsWe get the question all the time. The FOXPRO sp55 is a very nice match. It will boost the volume significantly and has very nice audio quality.

our NON scientific testing:
Configuration

Spitfire no external speaker approx 114 Peak* DB
Spitfire with SP108Z and internal speaker OFF 120 Peak* DB
Spitfire with FOXPRO TOA & internal speaker OFF 119 Peak* DB
Spitfire with SP55 and internal speaker OFF 119 Peak* DB

*Peak DB reading is the highest db reading recorded using a particular sound. It is not a indicator of audio quality or increased lethality.

All measurements were from 1 foot using sound #233 jackrabbit distress. Yes, we have a IEC651 Type 2, ANSi S1.4 type 2 compliant digital sound level meter.

4 new AA akaline batteries were used.

Do you recall the other details of the testing?
ie indoor, outdoor, call on the ground, sound meter in relation to the call same level or above, hard or soft surface.
I just bought a Spitfire and it doesnt sound very loud to me so if I could test in comparison to your 114db it would give me a idea of what I should expect.

Thanks

Back