New Mexico hunting trip with Tony Tebbe

bored.gif

Last edited:
Gunner is one heck of a dog, not only is he very helpful at helping you find a wounded animal, he is also great at keeping them in range long enough for you to get a shot. Not to mention how good mannered he is ( wish my wife minded as good as him LOL) I have never been around a dog that loved his work like Gunner does he just loves it.And i just got to hunt with him 2 days and from the first set up i knew he was all business on stand. Tony has trained him well and has a great hunting and companion in Gunner.

Billy

That looks like just about the most fun you can have in New Mexico. It's been a while since I was twelve, but I'd bet that's still the only thing your boy can talk about. I like the picture with Gunner, too. I've been in that back seat with him using me for a pillow. Congrats on a good hunt and good memories with your son.

For someone who claims to not be very good at telling stories, I would have to say you did a bang up job of telling this one.

Sounds like you and your son had a good ole time. Great pics and great story Billy. I liked all the pics, but the one with your son sacked out on Gunner is my favorite! Glad you guys had fun and were able to see and kill a bunch of coyotes.

Billy, did you have time to go back via the SLV route and check out your place down by the Rio Grande?

I keep getting this strange feeling that there is a certain guy that seems to be very jealous of a certain guy and his certain dog. Maybe it's just me.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesFor someone who claims to not be very good at telling stories, I would have to say you did a bang up job of telling this one.

Sounds like you and your son had a good ole time. Great pics and great story Billy. I liked all the pics, but the one with your son sacked out on Gunner is my favorite! Glad you guys had fun and were able to see and kill a bunch of coyotes.

Billy, did you have time to go back via the SLV route and check out your place down by the Rio Grande?

I keep getting this strange feeling that there is a certain guy that seems to be very jealous of a certain guy and his certain dog. Maybe it's just me.

No we didnt get to go up to my land in Colorado this trip , had a Ram hunt booked in Texas on the way home, didnt want to keep the boy out of school to much . But we are flying over to Colorado next time i come in from work next month to spend a week.

I know what you mean about the guy and the dog thing ,,,, I have the same feeling.

That sounds like a trip you and your son will never forget! It sounds like you guys had a total blast.. Congrats!!
I know my hunts with Tony will be cherished for my lifetime
thumbup.gif
And I might add I'm looking forward to more
thumbup.gif
Kerry

Yes Tony is a great guide and a better person to be around he took up alot of time sitting next to my son ,helping him get moved around with the sticks and teaching him about each call he was using, and his family made us feel right at home and Mrs. Dawn wouldnt take no for a answer when she asked us to eat supper with them sunday night. ( Great home cooking) Bryce is already talking about the next trip he loved it all, but i think watching Gunner chase those Jackrabbits at night was the best for him, He has a set of Jackrabbit ears in his moms icebox showing all his buddys around here. LOL

Rickh and Tony I had a Black Lab that blew the end of her tail open wagging so hard when I came home from work. The vet had me mix powdered Alum and vaseline together and rub it in twice a day. It took about ten days and it healed fine. Mix 60/40 with Alum 60.

Last edited:
great story, your son has that "I'm a born coyote hunter" look in his eyes in that last picture.
looks like our competition in getting younger, the coyotes will be in trouble for many more decades.

Back