Tea Party Uses Anti-goverment Scare Tactics?

azmastablasta

What a bunch of arrogant aholes

WND Exclusive SOMETHING IN THE AIR
Obama's top aide: Need 'simple booklet' to educate tea partiers
Jarrett blasts popular movement as 'anti-government,' thriving on scare tactics
Posted: February 24, 2010
9:55 am Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Valerie Jarrett
A simple booklet explaining President Obama's health care and economic policies may help those in the tea party movement better understand White House initiatives, suggested Valerie Jarrett, one of Obama's closest advisers.

Jarrett blasted the tea party movement as an "anti-government" organization that thrives on scare tactics.

Jarrett made the comments last week at a John F. Kennedy School of Government forum.

At the event, an audience member compared the tea party movement and anger at Obama's policies with people who initially resisted computers because of their "failure to understand" the new technology. The questioner explained simple booklets eventually helped to educate the public on computers. He asked Jarrett whether "much simpler" booklets could be produced for tea party supporters.

"Could the Obama administration write much simpler booklets on housing foreclosure, on the health care bill, whereas a typical person, including those in the tea party, could understand the basics of it?" asked the audience member.

Jarrett was further asked whether the analogy comparing the tea party movement to people who initially rejected computers was accurate.

"I think it's an excellent analogy," Jarrett replied.

"Hope and change were so catchy because it was really very simple and it was something everyone understood the definition. And so I think part of what our challenge is is to find a very simple way of communicating," she said.

Jarrett characterized tea party supporters as anti-government extremists.

"Even if they are in favor of, let's say, a different form of health care insurance reform, fine; but what's happening is it's an anti-government – I mean, that's the tea party. They really are, um, are, uh, trying to rebel against government at all. And I think that that's ... again, it's an extreme."

Continued Jarrett: "And it's always a lot easier, again, to scare people and to get them angry when they're already scared, and they're already uncertain. And I think that's what the tea party is trying to capture."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=126058

The arrogance of these people is over the top. Obama and his cronies keep assuming we don't want national run healthcare because we don't understand what's in it.

They have their arrogance so far in front of their intelligence they don't understand the majority of people don't want national healthcare because we DO understand what is in it. Certainly nothing good for the working man with employer healthcare right now.

I have to agree with Bill. We pay twice as much for health care that is worse than any other developed nation. I understand the logic of that completely. Why would we want to change that?

Has anyone been to a Govt run health care facility?

Think about that..... I work at a Govt run health care facility and am also a Vet. Ther service there is so bad that I prefer to go downtown when I can so i dont have to go to the VA.
I went there yesterday so I could pick up some antibiotics for this crud I have. I was the first one through the door and the first one to see a doctor. It took till 03:30pm before I finally got my perscription. Did I mention that I work there and know everyone by their first name and know the facility layout like the back of my hand?

I will shoot myself before ever being admited into the VA system for elderly care!!!!

Uh, I think Strikenmike didn't understand my post or I don't understand his.

Most of America (including me) doesn't want a national run healthcare program because of what the government is proposing to do. The administration is so arrogant they think we simple minded people just don't understand when we really understand all too well.

By the way, the only organization that thinks American has a bad healthcare system is the world health organization (WHO) and they are a division of the United Nations. We all know the UN is a neutral body now don't we?
lol.gif
The method they used to obtain their rankings is like comparing an apple to an orange to a banana. Basically a joke once you see how the nations were ranked. Way too subjective and each country doesn't use the same guidelines for each subject. In other words, the WHO's rankings of the different nations healthcare systems is crap to anyone that understands where they got their data.

Here is my ranking system. I am retired and paying $9,600 a year for a basic 80/20 coverage for me and my wife. This is less than the cost of many healthcare programs for other people. My premium, AND out-of-pocket costs are increasing at a rate more than double any increase in my income. How is that going to workout for us? We have proven over the past 10 years that lowering taxes, and shooting a few more people that don't look like us will not solve our problems. A little less hating, a little more common sense and a little more doing what is right for the future of our country is what we need.

Mike,
I don't disagree with you totally. However, nothing in the proposed healthcare legislation was going to help you or I. Maybe your cost would have went down, but when you had to start waiting for months to see a doctor would that be much of a help?

what needs to be done is get lawyers out of healthcare and get more competition in the insurance market. Price fixing and taxation from the government will not fix the problem. Making it illegal to not have healthcare insurance? What in the h#ll kind of joke is that? The government wants to make criminals out of all of us. Of course, while I'm in prison I'll get all the medical care I need at taxpayer expense!

Of course the above is too simplistic, but it drives home my point. Also, if increasing my taxes will help me I don't see how. I pay so much in federal, state, medicare, and social security taxes know I don't know how much more help I can take.

Last edited:
I spent three years transporting disabled vets, on limited incomes, to their VA medical appointments around the state and if that is any sample of "Government Run Health Care" and the ability of the government to deny benefits, then I know it is the last thing that I want to be involved with, or for my family...

My wife is disabled and as a state employee at the time of her disability, kept her health ins coverage for several years until I convinced her to switch over to my supplemental policy through the NRA Group Policy at one half the cost of her state health supplemental policy...

I would probably be willing to listen to some of the discussion on a new health care proposal if the President had kept his word and maintained the transparency that he promised... Instead, he turned it over to Pelosi and Reid and all planning/discussion was done behind closed doors and no one had access to the process until it had been fabricated to their ideal benefits, above the general population...No Conservatives were involved, or invited... That makes me really suspicious about the actual, overall effect if it is ever put in place..Not to mention the actual cost, public or private, and all the little sidesteps that politicians are known to place in pending legislation...

That has nothing to do with the Tea Party, or any other 'party'... Just common sense, and experience...

Here's a "ranking system" for you Strikenmike, which countries do wealthy folks without insurance go to for medical care? Which country's teaching hospitals and med schools have the most foreign students trying to get into them?

We have arguably the BEST healthcare system in the world. We also have a screwed up healthcare finance system that needs to be fixed.

Economists have been proposing the solution to health insurance/finance for years. Get government (mostly) out of it.

Under our current system, insurance policies are limited to one state and one employer for the most part. Since health insurance is a mutual type of insurance, the smaller the insurance pool is the greater the cost has to be to cover the risk. Conversely, the greater the pool size, the lower the cost since risk can be more precisely defined.

If nationwide insurance pools were allowed (and not attached to an employer), economists tell us that cradle to grave major medical health insurance would cost an estimated $10 a week. With insurance pools of millions of people, actuaries could define risk precisely. Of course that would put 50 state insurance commissioners and the attendant bureaucracies out of business and would put Medicare and Medicaid out of business along with the enormous attendant beaurocracy, AND would take away the "Big Brother is taking care of me" vote the Dems constantly manipulate and depend on.

The politicians would like you to believe that the problem is the "greedy" insurance companies. In actual fact, the insurance industry is one of the most regulated industries in the country.

Contrary to what you are led to believe, your insurance premiums are not the insurance company's profits. Insurance companies are required by law to capitalize the risk of each of their pools. That's what determines the cost of the premiums. Their profit is made from the investment income off of those premiums, and that is limited to "prudent man" investments.

The actual costs of the medical procedures is largely determined by HCFA, the Health Care Finance Administration (Medicare/Medicaid). If a medical provider has one medicare/medicaid patient, they can't charge any other patient any more or any less than what the government says it's worth. This is so prevalent that every insurance company in the country actually uses the government medical codes for procedures. That of course is a MAJOR impediment to competition.

As with so many of our problems, the government has either caused them or made them worse.

The liberal philosophy is "If the government just had complete control we could make it work perfectly. That of course logically leads to totalitarianism (Hitler's Germany, USSR, Fascist Italy, Red China) where that "command economy" has never worked, not once.

The conservative philosophy is that government is made up of the same fallible humans as any other part of the citizenry, and will only tend to screw things up more, the more power and control they are given, because by definition failure will not materially affect them.

No government beaurocracy ever went bankrupt due to poor management and went out of business.

I've got a question for you Strikenmike. Do you trust the government? Not do you trust the intentions of the current congress and administration (assuming you are an Obama supporter), but do you trust government in general? Did you trust the (either) Bush administration? Did you trust the Reagan administration?

If the answer is no (as I suspect), then why on earth would you want to give the government more power over your life? You do understand that sooner or later there will be another Bush/Reagan/Nixon in office and that he will then hold the reins of whatever governmental power you grant to the current government don't you?

NMLeon, you are right on the money....

Medicare/Medicaid is broke. Social Security is broke. The country is broke. Now the gov. want to take over our health care? Don't think so....

This health care proposal is not about lowering costs, providing more people with health care, etc...
At it's roots, it is about control. Control over the people, and to make people dependant on the gov.
Dependancy of the people, equals unquestioned power for the rulers.

But the politicians forget. We own this place, not them...

He's used to witch doctors from the old country and trying to pass them onto us. Boogy Boogy! Click Pop Ka Ka.

I find the VA in Los Angeles far suppior to the care I was getting from my private doctor.The Doctors, while barely half the age of my primary care doctor, actually seem to care. No more, here take this, tell me how you feel in 3 years.No, the VA does test to determine why I feel the way I do before they prescribe a solution. Although it can take up to 3 years to find the problem.
I know this is not entirely the fault of my primary care doctor. He used to work 8 am to 4pm, now he works from 7 am to 9 pm sometimes 6 days a week. Not because he feels some sort of dept to his patients, but because the money is not there anymore. He lives modestly, so I know he is not greedy like some insurance agents who fly around in Leer Jets, and live in gated communities where I can't go pay them a visit when they refuse a claim I filed.
From my point of view, which is often a medicated one now,I would get better care from my vetinarian at a lower cost because the Government isn't demanding paper work from him like he is my doctor. Vet comes out, spends a hour or so, I go see my Doctor and get 5 minutes. My horses get better care in the private sector than I do.
Signed, one pill away from ectasy

If our healthcare sucks so bad. and Canada healthcare is suppose to one of the greatest,
then can someone PLEASE explain to me why Newfoundlands Premier Danny Williams had his heart surgery in the US instead of Canda.

Quote:If our healthcare sucks so bad. and Canada healthcare is suppose to one of the greatest

I lived in Florida for a couple of years and it was amazing to see the number of vehicles with Canadian License plates in the parking lots of the various hospitals and medical clinics along the Atlantic seaboard..

I can't imagine that they were there to visit relatives...
confused.gif

thumbup1.gif
Certainly the Obamas resume' is shallow and shaky with serious need for 'attitude adjustments' but not entirely outside the realm of salvage.

thumbup.gif
If they both would really begin DOING what they said they would DO there would be nearly immediate change in the results.

thumbup1.gif
But as long as there is really a free speech in the USA and a 2nd Amendment, they will need to be truthful and candid or they will be back home sooner rather than later with a legacy to live down of things like the silly "Beer Summit" which was the sole creation of our current Dear Leader!

Good hunting!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Bryan_EIf our healthcare sucks so bad. and Canada healthcare is suppose to one of the greatest,
then can someone PLEASE explain to me why Newfoundlands Premier Danny Williams had his heart surgery in the US instead of Canda.
Canadian Nurse
1172718198.jpg

American Nurse
0351797531.jpg

Back