Finished the paintjob on The Graveyard and the Lightforce!

Taking orders?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: DeathCryNo stincels I cut out myself..Theres a post on Predator rigs that explains the process!

any chance you could link us to that site page .......... I looked and coul;dn't find the how to .......... any help would be greatly appreciated

I'll do another when I dont have the twins...Wednesday evening. And I would love to do them for you all but need my ffl to transfer and am in between a perm. residence at the moment with a breakup under my belt..Im looking into it now and will let you know when I get it..Graveyard Paintjobs..Coming Soon! and thanks all for the praise! Makes me wanna drop the paint on them even more!!

Ok Guys,Here's how I lay down the paint...first I cut some stencils out of film you can buy a Joann fabrics or craft store..I looked up skulls on the net and found some good ones on Corbis and printed then cut my stencils. Next I went out back and cut a bunch of tall grass to use for my pine straw camo.

I use a small gravity fed paint gun you can buy at Harbor Freight. I use Duracoat and you have to degrease the gun, I break the gun down, I use brake cleaner(cheap)...Make sure it is clean, if not it will flake off..I rough up my stock, scope etc with fine sandpaper and I blasted the barrel with aluminum oxide..stainless barrels dont like dura unless it got some bite to adhear to.

Now time to paint..I spray the gun with my base coat (lightest)desert tan of the 4-5 colors you want to use,light coats of dura, dont be in a hurry youll screw it up...I take a hair dryer in between coats to flash the paint then apply another coat...Im still on the first color and its a solid color no camo yet. Now when you get the first coat complete..Drink a Bud or two..lol, I put the gun back together, Be careful or you will scratch it..you could wait a day or so but I cant stand to wait for anything.

Now your ready for second color I used OD green, now it time for pine straw or grass or weeds whatever you want to use. You need a bunch because your grass gets wet with paint and you will drag wet paint when you lay it down for the next spray. I take the grass about a foot of it and bend it over like a V and hold it in my hand and as I look at the gun im looking where I want my skulls, your not going to paint where you want your skulls. I lay the grass on the gun and do light strokes of paint over the gun noting where I want skulls...Step back and look at the gun after each stroke to see what it needs, this will help you,Do the whole gun now your ready for skulls or whatever else you wanna drop on it.

Next I lay the skulls in the open areas that I didnt lay the green in with Matte black, I try to hit the eyes and teeth with solid black and mist the edges, gives a nice effect,dont go nuts with the skulls and the black..to much black is bad..Just step back and look at it.

Next I grab my grass and lay down dark earth over the od green and wherever else I want it..step back and look,keep off the skulls with all the paint, now break out the black and grab the grass..I MIST the black and look at it, if its not dark enought I do it again...same spot...Last I take the dark earth and mist the gun, not the skulls to soften the hard edges of the artwork I just dropped...Sit back and look at it, finish the Bud you will see where you might need something..lay some paint in the void, doesent matter what color...It's art....Man that was long but you guys wanted it so here it is...Hope I helped..Paint Away!and dont forget to post pics!!! Im here if you need help!

Pretty cool of you to share the "trade secrets." I would love a rifle that had character like that. Even if it were punctuated with coyotes, varmints, grimm reaper, etc., it would be pretty cool nonetheless. A little cardboard practice for sure. You're a talented guy, and once again, that is probably the coolest AR I've seen. Very unique to say the least. Keep it up!

Back