Nikon Coyote Special reticle

CF-VA

Anybody here that just couldn't get used to it?

Anybody know what size the circles are at 100 yards for a 3-9 and a 4.5-14? I've looked at a couple different websites but haven't been able to find the dimensions of the circles.

My apologies if this has been discussed before.

Thanks in advance.

I have the 3-9 and its 3MOA at 100 yds I believe.It fits perfectly around a 3 inch bullseye anyway. I really like it so far.

Thanks, I've flipped thru the Nikon catalog online and there's a section at the back giving reticle dimensions but I couldn't nail down which ones were which for the CS. There's a list of dim's with designations beside them but I can't find the key to decipher them.

I just sighted my 4.5x14 in last weekend the circles will take a little bit to get use to. I think target acquisition is the main goal with these scopes. Good luck I will take mine out hunting next weekend and find out.

Originally Posted By: CF-VAThanks, I've flipped thru the Nikon catalog online and there's a section at the back giving reticle dimensions but I couldn't nail down which ones were which for the CS. There's a list of dim's with designations beside them but I can't find the key to decipher them.

I think you're looking at the '09 catalog. They're not in there. The '10 catalog has them all.

1st circle is 2.5 IPHY inside diameter (all thin lines are .25 IPHY).
2nd circle subtends 3 IPHY from optical center (to circle center), and 1.5 IPHY ID
3rd is 5.5 IPHY down, and 0.5 IPHY ID.

Lower post tip is 8 IPHY down.

"windage" plex post tips are 4 IPHY either side of vertical axis.

Thick lines are 1 IPHY.

All subtensions are at optics highest power.

Originally Posted By: sscoyoteOriginally Posted By: CF-VAThanks, I've flipped thru the Nikon catalog online and there's a section at the back giving reticle dimensions but I couldn't nail down which ones were which for the CS. There's a list of dim's with designations beside them but I can't find the key to decipher them.

I think you're looking at the '09 catalog. They're not in there. The '10 catalog has them all.

1st circle is 2.5 IPHY inside diameter (all thin lines are .25 IPHY).
2nd circle subtends 3 IPHY from optical center (to circle center), and 1.5 IPHY ID
3rd is 5.5 IPHY down, and 0.5 IPHY ID.

Lower post tip is 8 IPHY down.

"windage" plex post tips are 4 IPHY either side of vertical axis.

Thick lines are 1 IPHY.

All subtensions are at optics highest power.

Thank You!

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Back