Morning verses afternoon hunting for coyotes

live2huntmi.

I am a new member, was wondering the best time morning or afternoon. I killed a coyote in the morning was wondering if afternoons were as good as mornings? Awesome website and great information.

I go.out mornin mid mornin noon afternoon late afternoon and evening and have seen or heard dogs at all hours. It's bein out there huntin that I like.

I've been out in both the morning and the afternoon/evening. I see them in the mornings around here. Like Brownie, I also just like being out there.
Chann

i m new too and so far my observations are :

1)in the morning they ve been coming in , in multiples
(every time theres been more than one !)

2) in the am they come in fast !
(average time in the am has been 0-15 minutes)

3) both dogs i ve called in in the afternoon came in around the 20-45 minute marks but it was also high winds

so i m still going but have more faith in the am
wink.gif

out of the choices you gave I'd be set up before sunrise and say morning ............

however 10p.m.-2a.m. is my favorite time

I normally hunt mornings... I have only went out two evenings before dusk and got a coyote each time, but I still like mornings best!

Great advice,I cant get enough hunting.Have a hard time getting buddies to take predator hunting serious.Anyone out there in michigan or northern Ohio

The best times for calling coyotes is when they are moving. Mornings might be better than afternoons, somedays. Other days, afternoons produce better than mornings. Still other days, they may be turned on at night and not at all during the day. It's hard to put your finger on the best time, as it could change day to day.

The best advice I can give is to get out and call every chance you can get.

Tony

I the last 2 days I have had 3 calls from a RR person I know reporting to me where he is seeing coyotes in the fields next to the tracks. 7 coyotes all on state land & all after 330-4pm.
Other times right on the tracks in the early/mid AM. He has taken many out in broad daylite on the tracks also just walking along in the center....very messy though with several thousand tons of train disintigrating them....
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: bamayote23i love hunting in the morning but have had the most luck calling between 3pm to dark

Same here. Plus I've always hated getting up early in the morning.

Sure wish we could night hunt out here!
drool.gif

Back