The best light!!! Period, so far...

were did you get your light mount. that one on your gun does not look like the one on there web page. THis lite looks great althoe in minnesota you can only shoot shotgun after sunset and the light mount they sell looks to big for a shotgun.

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin'Where do you get a red lense?

Here use a caliper and measure the flash light head.

http://www.riflemagazine.com/catalog/detail.cfm?page=1&Productid=1252&subcategoryid=77

I made this post some time ago here and on another site
it effectivly shows what red filters do to LED light.

Traditional white power LEDs don't have much of a red component at all, so a red filter on such a light will significantly reduce output. Which maybe is why the folks using LED for spotting are finding that the critters don't seem to spook. Because with a red filter on an incandescent spotlight what you are doing is removing the red from the lights output even though you see red.

Secondly the red filter reduces the light output buy near 50 percent. Oft times more on an LED based light.

These photos were taken 36 inches from a white (eggshell) wall at 1/25 of a second.

The light is what is is a Surefire clone the filter was a Surefire red filter. The light generates 120 lumen's.

First no red filter you can see a slightly bluish tint typical of an LED.

P20C2-wall1.jpg

Second picture is with red filter you can see how much the filter reduces the output.
P20C2-wall3.jpg

Just thought some of you folks might be interested. I'm pretty sure you don't want to filter your LED flash or spotting lights.

As an aside the light being used will easily ID my black lab at 50 yards naked eye and further using a scope.

the red may not shine a beam as far...but it will light up a coyotes eyes better than white...use a white light in this snow...it looks like everything is right in your face..tried it last night with my led headlamp......put it on red..and could see 5 times further through the woods...and i have not seen a deer that didnt run when entering a field with a white led..you look down for 1 second and there gone....

Originally Posted By: psdavidsonOriginally Posted By: Chad WalkOriginally Posted By: mbowermaHillbilly, I don't know what Chad does but when I am scanning and pick up eyes I see if the critter is responding. If it is I then switch to the gun light and use that to follow it in. I don't use a pressure switch even though I have them. I just turn on the light and leave it on. Pressure switches have a tendency to fail at the wrong time, for me at least.

mbowerma is right...I dont use a pressure switch...I just turn it on at the back of the light and leave it on...I have found other lights on ebay that are cheaper and have more lumens...Here is another light that Im looking at also...I think this would be a good one too..
thumbup1.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTE-M3-2I-Flashlight...=item3efd0ae829

Chad get it cheaper here link where did you get the red cap for your light?

Not the same.

Lens: Plastic Lens
Reflector: Plastic Smooth/SMO Reflector

I went with the predator light and it is very bright.I used the light all weekend and only charged it up on Friday. This light is top of the line and well worth the money. To date this is the BEST light I have seen and hunted with..

I did use the amber lens and it still was plenty bright on low to shoot 125-150 with a positive ID..and it didn't scare any animals.

I called in 3 foxes, 1 coyote and a bobcat and all the animals never ran from the light..

ny yote 28, i`m glad your happy with your new predator light and hope you get plenty of kills with it. also thanks for the positive feedback.

Quote:I went with the predator light and it is very bright.I used the light all weekend and only charged it up on Friday. This light is top of the line and well worth the money. To date this is the BEST light I have seen and hunted with..

I agree 100%. I use my predator light very often. I haven't put it on the charger since December. Still running very strong! That impresses me the most.

Tony

glad you like the light...pics of the fur????
Tony...not being smart at all but it is nearly march...and you havent charged it since december....guess it must be a better light than i thought....

Last edited:
Happy

fox and bobcat season is over here for us in NY...that bobcat sat 10 yards away from me...
drool.gif
oh well more stock for next year...the yote got downwind fast and I never pulled the trigger...

NY Yote

Well I see we moved away from original post to more advertising. Mention a light and that is where it goes.

I would think if the light has not been recharged since December that it only sees limited use. Just a guess though.

By the way the Predator light is a neat unit. But it is priced at least 3 times what it is worth. That is MY opinion others see it as worth what they pay. That is THEIR opinion. It just gets pushed to hard.

Originally Posted By: mbowermaWell I see we moved away from original post to more advertising. Mention a light and that is where it goes.

Who died and left you to be the "Cop" of these forums...?? no one just mind your own business... I'm just happy with my light and have 100% right to express it..

"Getting pushed" by people that have nothing to gain from it. I like hearing about all the lights out they're and the opinions that go with them.

Chad,
Like others, I appreciate reading about all the light options that are available. I trust the opinions on this site because the majority of guys on here have real world experience with the products they talk about. This looks like a great light at a good price. I am curious though, because not to long ago I remember reading your review on the Predator light. With you having used both, what makes the Fenix light better than the Predator light in your opinion? Thanks.

Quote:I would think if the light has not been recharged since December that it only sees limited use. Just a guess though.

I agree with you....it IS just a guess on your part.
smile.gif

I guarantee that I haven't charged it since December, as I took the charger with me on a trip in December and haven't been able to find it, since then. I use the light...alot, as I guide hunters about 20-25 days a month. There is not a single night of calling that I don't have the predator light with me. In addition, I use it when feeding my dogs almost every night, as a flashlight.

This is not a sales pitch or advertisment, as I have nothing to gain.

Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeQuote:I would think if the light has not been recharged since December that it only sees limited use. Just a guess though.

I agree with you....it IS just a guess on your part.
smile.gif

I guarantee that I haven't charged it since December, as I took the charger with me on a trip in December and haven't been able to find it, since then. I use the light...alot, as I guide hunters about 20-25 days a month. There is not a single night of calling that I don't have the predator light with me. In addition, I use it when feeding my dogs almost every night, as a flashlight.

This is not a sales pitch or advertisment, as I have nothing to gain.

Tony

I would guess with the run times from the manufacture of only four hours on high and twenty on low that you have been using it on low since December or you have magic batteries...

•Approximately 20 hour burn time on low and approximately 4 hours on high - from the distributors web site....

Back