Modifying CZ Hornet Magazine.

Fitch

I just took the magazine on my CZ527 Hornet apart. I'd like to modify it to accept cartridges about 0.1" longer than it will currently.

It looks like it should be relatively easy to do that but before I do anything not recoverable I thought I'd check to see if anybody has done it.

It has a block of plastic inside the back of the magazine that shortens it. Looks like that is pinned in place with two pins. What I'm thinking of doing is removing that block of plastic and replacing it with a shop made aluminum one that is ~0.1" thinner front to back. With that done, I'd bend up a new follower to fit and reassemble it with the stock magazine spring.

Anybody done something like this to the CZ Hornet magazine?

Thanks
Fitch

Calhoon does have one for sale on his web site.

I was thinking I'd modify my own.

I'll go ahead and make the mods I'm thinking about and see if I can do it myself. I can always put it back to original if it doesn't work since I'll be making new parts (rear block and follower), not modifying the stock parts. I'd like to have two magazines that will hold longer cartridges for the Hornet so I'll get a new stock magazine and modify that first.

The follower doesn't look that hard to make since it's flat on top.

The size change shouldn't require a different spring.

Fitch

Fitch that would work. There is alot on moding the cz hornet mag on saubier.com just do a little searching. from what I remeber you drive the pins out sand the black piece down to you disiered lenght re inster it and pin it. then they would epoxy a piece to the fallower so it was long enought. The way you said would work since you have to tools to do it. what is the out side width of the mag. I have the cz fireball and I think they have the same bottom metal as the hornet and the fireball has less of the black instert.

Originally Posted By: FitchCalhoon does have one for sale on his web site.

I was thinking I'd modify my own.

I'll go ahead and make the mods I'm thinking about and see if I can do it myself. I can always put it back to original if it doesn't work since I'll be making new parts (rear block and follower), not modifying the stock parts. I'd like to have two magazines that will hold longer cartridges for the Hornet so I'll get a new stock magazine and modify that first.

The follower doesn't look that hard to make since it's flat on top.

The size change shouldn't require a different spring.

Fitch

Please let us know how it turns out for you.

Fitch any word on this yet. You get it to work if so lets see some pics. I fighting with my mag it doesnt want to feed right. If any one has some pics of what they did to the fallower it would be nice to see them.

Back